ebay = crack

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhausted wrote:

Maybe we can jam down at the treatment center!

Just got it this morning:

Great sounding through the Deluxe. This may become one of my favorites in my collection.

Surf's up! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220047184825&sspagename=ADME:L:AAQ:US:1#ebayphotohosting
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

i'm scouring now for a way to wire mustang switches so that the one slider selects neck/both/bridge and the second selects series/parallel/parallel(out of phase) for when both pups are on.

hmmmmm. probably can't be done.

i can't believe i bought another guitar. i'm going to be in trouble.
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Maybe we can jam down at the treatment center!

Just got it this morning:

Great sounding through the Deluxe. This may become one of my favorites in my collection.

Surf's up! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220047184825&sspagename=ADME:L:AAQ:US:1#ebayphotohosting

:eek:

You've bought lots of stuff!
    All positive feedback though :cool:

Congrats to both on your buys!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • exhausted wrote:
    switches are fun. i never see any of those old cool japanese guitars around here, righty or lefty.

i'm scouring now for a way to wire mustang switches so that the one slider selects neck/both/bridge and the second selects series/parallel/parallel(out of phase) for when both pups are on.

hmmmmm. probably can't be done.

i can't believe i bought another guitar. i'm going to be in trouble.

That's what this one does. I think! :) One switch for each pickup, then a power switch that seems to put them in series somehow then it can blend them with one of the pots.
    It's sort of like Godzilla meets Blender Pots. :D
    I'll keep a lookout for a lefty, because I do run into these, and they are hidden gems,,, then I won't tell you about it! :)

Haha, Buru! You saw the guitar room! Or rooms, I guess. I fixed a few of those up and sold them, too. Gave a few away, also.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Last week my trigger finger hit the bid button on a Fender Deluxe Reverb for $200, which I couldn't afford even if I did win. But the whole time I was thinking "There are no bids! What a steal this would be if I won!"

Baaaaaaad mentality.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i commit my sins in the name of rarity when i do these things. sunburst mustang. never see those. most of the lefties are blue and cream. so it's unique, therefore, i buy it. stupid. but i'll probably not see another one for a long time. it's like my rickenbacker. few and far between and you have to strike when you see them.

i paid about half what lefty specialty shops want for them. and even less than what the right handed one i bought my son cost me.

i have the money but i know i'll get a firm eyeroll because there's no way i should be spending so much on this. oh well. i'm a bit of a collector.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah but it's absolutely gorgeous, and there aren't many at all.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it's just like the righty one from the 70s that i used to have.
  • Holy shit thats amazing!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Those are awesome, just don't like the bridge
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/