valve junior clip

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok, a couple clips.

recorded a little snip quickly. guitar is my SG with both pickups on and the neck pickup volume rolled off slightly.

first, the amp with no effects, volume at about 10:30 and attenuator at about 7. through the vintage 30 in my fender. condenser mix slightly off axis.

and then with my OCD on, set as shown.

clip

amp settings

pedal settings

my guitar's out of tune and apologies to the black crowes since i really don't know that song properly but whatever. no EQ, no reverb. just normalized that's it.

everything is stock on the amp. i don't think i'm changing anything. i think it's a great little chuggy rhythm amp. i just have dead fingers.

i will be buying an avatar 1x12 for it someday.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The stock ones do sound good. Unfortunately when you hear modded ones those amp's really open up. I was happy with mine around 12 with single coils. Nice little break up, but when you do crank it that's when the low end gets flabby. But it's all fixed now. Hopefully I'll be over at the studio to get some clips up this week.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i found that the tone with the OCD was sort of equivalent to turning the amp itself up to about 2 or 3 o'clock. but with the pedal it was much tighter. i usually create the different tones with pedals off of one amp setting so i'm happy.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    That setup sounds like you can get some really good Led Zeppelin tones out of it.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that's what i tend to think. i wish i had the skill to play better and make better clips but it does remind me of that pure kind of classic rock tone.

i had the gain up a little too much on the pedal in that clip for what i was going for but it's ok.

i don't really like the amp with single coils. i prefer the deluxe reverb for that sort of full-range and cleaner sound but i think the junior makes a great dirt amp with humbuckers. it's a little brittle with single coils.

though we'll see once i get the texas specials into my telecaster.