Taking kid to first show

PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
Thinking of taking my 7 yr old son to see the Foo Fighters at Citi Field

Was going to get tickets in an upper section in the first row so he can see everything.

Too young?
If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H

Comments

• jefftjefft Posts: 657
    Nope did the same when we took ours to their first show.  Upper bowl front row just so they could sit if they wanted.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    I was planning on taking my 8 year old to DMB so I don’t think it’s too young. My main concern would be noise so as long as he’s got ear plugs 

I was about that age when my dad took me to see the beach boys 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Probably fine as long as you're ok with him hearing 'motherfuckers' a lot.  
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Have a great time, OP! Looking forward to taking my oldest to a concert, we've been to two baseball games as a warm up! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    edited February 2022
    I think 7-9 years is a pretty cool age for a first show. They will remember it and be somewhat overwhelmed by the lights, show and people singing etc I would imagine. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,949
    Depends on if he’s a fan of the Foo. 
  • JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 385
    PJ5a1 said:
    Thinking of taking my 7 yr old son to see the Foo Fighters at Citi Field

Was going to get tickets in an upper section in the first row so he can see everything.

Too young?
    Nope! I took my 5 year old to his first show. PJ, row 9. Was a magical night!!
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    Appreciate the responses ! 
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 713
    Taking my 2 year old to Hyde Park in July. By that time he will have just turned 3.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Have a great time, OP! Looking forward to taking my oldest to a concert, we've been to two baseball games as a warm up! 
    same.  Hoping to hit some Padres games this year.  Took him to an NBA game a year ago.  
  • Sounds fun! Bring ear protection and get seats. Little ones get tired!

Besides Drivin’ N Cryin’ at my local city park, my son’s first show was Jack White and standing at the rail! He did great, but for a 9 year old he did get a bit tired from the standing. Loved it though!
  • Bottom line, you’re the parent so whatever you’re comfortable with. But I would def bring ear plugs. Fwiw I brought my daughter to her 1st show at age 6. Sleater-Kinney at Irving Plaza, NYC. We watched from the balcony, left before the encores. She still remembers it and talks about it (she’s 11 now). 
  • We took our then 10yr old son to see PJ in Cleveland 2010. Everyone keep telling him he had the coolest parents. He loved it but was dead tired and just wanted it to end.  
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,169
    Bring ear protection and nothing stronger than mushrooms 
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    edited February 2022
    Jesus, rock concerts aren't for young children. Period.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,259
    I personally don’t have an issue with it and wouldn’t be bothered if the seat next to me was. a kid.
    But I’d have zero desire to take my own kid to a show. Why anyone would want to spend money on a ticket to listen to their child keep asking when does the show start, I’m hungry, I have to pee, I’m tired, can we go home now and then loose their mind because they are deliriously tired by the end is beyond me. If that’s you’re thing, enjoy.
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    pjl44 said:
    Bring ear protection and nothing stronger than mushrooms 
      :D