there's a mole in gibson

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.gibson.com/service/Tech/clownmatics.htm
But I aint posting any more spy pics, because of the crybabies over on the Forum. Wait, maybe I’ll just go to Guitar Center and take a pic of an R9, it’s like a big pacifier for the babies. There is their valuable feedback: If its a flametop Les Paul? “It’s not right, no long neck tenon, flames too tight, shoulda been plaintop like a 58! Plaintop??! Shoulda been flames!! Too heavy, it should have tone chambers! It’s too light they weight relieved it!!! Wrong tuners!! Burstbuckers? They should use 57 Classics! Classics? They shoulda used Burstbuckers! This doesn’t smell like a real 59! Real 59s came out of the case smelling just like fresh baked bread, I know, cause I bought two 59s in 72 for $50 and some ludes and when I sanded the top off it smelled like cookies.” If it is NOT a flametop Les Paul? “What a POS! All they want to do is make us buy this garbage to drive up the price of vintage LPs that smell like cookies so they can put all the mom and pops out of business so they can sell harddrives just like Harley! They made that instead of the Peter Greene signature? Why won’t they just make Pearly Gates. When will they listen to us the valuable customers? We pay top dollar! Where is our free guitar? How could they do that to poor Les????” “Honey does this Paul Reed Smith make me look gay??” [...YES!!!] It’s the superfans versus the executives. Like some moron cage match. Meanwhile, we just shake our heads and build the guitars.

i love it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Ha ha, that was difficult to read but really fun.

thanks, man.

(still griping about the klusons though :D)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Haha,,,, the internet CAN be pretty entertaining! Thanks!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

But somehow I think this is just a marketing ploy.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Actually, this is pretty accurate, but not just of the Les Paul forum, just forums in general.
    Where's MY free guitar ?? LOL !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • that's really great!!

in alot of ways, really must be a really frustrating job, Gibson or Fender.
    When you're on top you have to hear every little complaint, consider, then move on with what you're doing. If the marketing division is running the luthier division at those companies, then they aren't going to stay on top in the long run.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    “Honey does this Paul Reed Smith make me look gay??” [...YES!!!]
    fucking hilarious AND true
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go