Any idea on the fresh press run numbers?

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
So we have any idea how many were pressed?

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,958
    Best estimate was 4k
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    Fresh pressed was up 80 minutes in the US store only and sold 4K based on order numbers of people who bought immediately and right before it sold out. So I do think the estimate is fairly solid 

What’s interesting in these numbers is vault 1 was basically the same price, a Pearl jam album, a vault, and up in two stores and didn’t sell out for six days.   
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Fresh pressed was up 80 minutes in the US store only and sold 4K based on order numbers of people who bought immediately and right before it sold out. So I do think the estimate is fairly solid 

What’s interesting in these numbers is vault 1 was basically the same price, a Pearl jam album, a vault, and up in two stores and didn’t sell out for six days.   
    The vaults have historically been up for a quite a while in pre-order. It surprised a lot of folks the pre-order “sold out” when it did, even if that was six days later. 
    It appears after that experience, the vinyl collecting 10clubbers (and flippers) aren’t sitting on vinyl purchases. When it goes up.. you pull the trigger or miss out. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    edited February 2022
    Fresh pressed was up 80 minutes in the US store only and sold 4K based on order numbers of people who bought immediately and right before it sold out. So I do think the estimate is fairly solid 

Of the people who successfully ordered the Fresh Pressed, I wonder how many of them also ordered Vault 1 within the first 90 minutes after it was announced. I bet it’s a lot. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • tdawe said:

Of the people who successfully ordered the Fresh Pressed, I wonder how many of them also ordered Vault 1 within the first 90 minutes after it was announced. I bet it’s a lot. 
    I did.

missing the no code clear drop was the motivation. 
  • tdawe said:

I got them both. I believe I ordered Vault 1 the same day it was announced but it was in the evening, after work. Fresh pressed was ordered during my lunch break when I checked my email casually. Was pretty fortunate to get that one tbh. It sold out about 8 minutes later. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,032
    Picked up vault after a fan pointed out the 1 per member and early ship date which infered it was more limited than normal. EV I got right away because Santos pssts have me well trained and it looked like a test pressing. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought any of these EV records. So I'm a sucker with a phat record collection.
    Basically you have to buy stuff without thinking. I'm getting good at that.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2022
    Loujoe said:
    Picked up vault after a fan pointed out the 1 per member and early ship date which infered it was more limited than normal. EV I got right away because Santos pssts have me well trained and it looked like a test pressing. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought any of these EV records. So I'm a sucker with a phat record collection.
    Basically you have to buy stuff without thinking. I'm getting good at that.
    Lol. Bang on. Like RVM 1&2 RE. I have the OG… but to hell with it. I need that. I’m a vinyl idiot and it is the most fun I’ve ever had in my life. I’d love to see your collection LJ! Be a great day spinning wax 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    tdawe said:

I got them both. I believe I ordered Vault 1 the same day it was announced but it was in the evening, after work. Fresh pressed was ordered during my lunch break when I checked my email casually. Was pretty fortunate to get that one tbh. It sold out about 8 minutes later. 
    Same here - I idly checked my email while walking out of Chopt with my lunch. I immediately stopped and jammed my order through on the sidewalk.

I guess what I’m thinking is: the fact that FP sold in less than two hours and Vault 1 took a couple of days doesn’t mean there’s, like, dramatically more Vaults. More, definitely. Not several times more. Most of us at this point are conditioned to slam that buy button immediately (I’ve got a dumb Purple Ten that can attest to that). 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024