critique this POD patch

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
since i have lost the drive to write anything, i've gone back to just playing along with stuff. also been fiddling with my POD trying to replicate tones.

since i was learning present tense anyway, i made a patch in which i tried to mirror mike's tone except i deleted the phaser and added a sweep echo because it sounded cool with the way it resonates.

of course, i could turn the delay off and turn on my pedal phaser and be even closer but i love line6 sweep echo. i need to get another DL4 some day. can't have two mod pedals on in the POD at once unfortunately.

so how did i do as far as getting close? i sometimes really wonder about my ears. it's not exact but i think i captured the character. i think with more bass from the guitar, it would be even closer.

don't know if i'm playing it right but hey, live versions from mike don't sound like the recording so whatever. i have my compressor on, the rest is POD.

telecaster -> tone press -> PODxt (ac30, opto trem, sweep echo, spring reverb)

present tense clip

and here's the patch for fun.
present tense patch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Nice playing, I liked it. Was that a single take ? I likes the spacey slow sound in the background.
    OK, motivation is up,, I'll be trying for something tomorrow, too cold tonight.

Can't say how close the tone was, cos I don't know the song, I'll have to go listen, but I liked the tones.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    WOW...I don't know about the studio version but the live versions I have heard...WOW...I am just waiting to hear Eddie come out of nowhere and sing along...That was pretty damn good!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Was that a single take ?

yeah, it's just one track. the sweep echo is causing the feedback in the background.
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Love it. I've also been playing a slowed-down version of Heart To Hang Onto through it, which sounds pretty cool. I've had my Pod XT for about two years now and hadn't saved or downloaded a single patch until this one.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Very cool - I also like the sweep echo.
    Also like the interplay with the phasing feedback in the background.
    Is it me or is the repeated "D" note (3rd note played) slightly out of tune a little??
    Anyhow, it was a very nice patch - and a clean recording.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Is it me or is the repeated "D" note (3rd note played) slightly out of tune a little??

i wouldn't doubt it. i tend to get caught up in what i'm doing and don't really remember to double check tuning much. my ears aren't all that precise sadly. the guitar's setup probably isn't great either. it's been sitting idle for a long time.
    biffhardon wrote:
    Love it. I've also been playing a slowed-down version of Heart To Hang Onto through it, which sounds pretty cool. I've had my Pod XT for about two years now and hadn't saved or downloaded a single patch until this one.

i think i went in once to the line6 site and grabbed some things i though might be interesting but generally i never do either. i don't even really like any of the factory presets in there.

i mostly use the pod for base tones and use pedals over top.