The Who announces Spring Tour

CC9172CC9172 Posts: 127
edited February 2022 in Other Music
The Who announced their spring tour today, I got my tickets today for MSG thanks to American Express. 

https://www.thewho.com/tour/

I hope PJ announces theirs soon.

Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,644
    CC9172 said:
    The Who announced their spring tour today, I got my tickets today for MSG thanks to American Express. 

https://www.thewho.com/tour/

I hope PJ announces theirs soon.

It kind of boggles my mind that a band (well, half a band) that I saw in 1968 is still getting out there and doing it.  At this point, with all of their fame and fortune, I can only imagine they do it for the love of making music.  I can't imagine being 6 or 7 years older than I am and going out on tour.  Pretty cool!

Enjoy the show, CC.  Would love to get a little reviews or some of your thoughts on how it goes!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• CC9172CC9172 Posts: 127
    I last saw them in 2019 at MSG and I am amazed that Roger can still belt out 'won't get fooled again' and 'Baba O'Riley' as well as he did  at their peak. He will be 78 in March and Pete will be 77 in May still windmilling and they can still rock out. It must be something in England's  water that keep these rockers going. The WHO, The Rolling Stones, The Zombies, Elton John, Rod Stewart. Amazing! I'm looking forward to the show and will provide a review.
    CC9172 said:
    I last saw them in 2019 at MSG and I am amazed that Roger can still belt out 'won't get fooled again' and 'Baba O'Riley' as well as he did  at their peak. He will be 78 in March and Pete will be 77 in May still windmilling and they can still rock out. It must be something in England's  water that keep these rockers going. The WHO, The Rolling Stones, The Zombies, Elton John, Rod Stewart. Amazing! I'm looking forward to the show and will provide a review.

Ooh wee!  Impressive!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    edited February 2022
    I woke up in a Soho doorway
    A policeman knew my name
    He said "You can go sleep at home tonight
    If you can get up and walk away"
    I staggered back to the underground
    And the breeze blew back my hair
    I remember throwing punches around
    And preaching from my chair
    I am so glad "I hope I die before I get old" never came to pass (at least for Pete and Roger).  I'm pretty sure they are both thinking the same!

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    A policeman knew my name
    I love this song.  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,665
    brianlux said:
    I am so glad "I hope I die before I get old" never came to pass (at least for Pete and Roger).  I'm pretty sure they are both thinking the same!
    Wonder what goes through Roger's mind while singing it these days.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Poncier said:
    brianlux said:
    He probably thinks about how he makes so much less money than Pete!
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Poncier said:
    brianlux said:

According to this article, Pete's net worth is $150 million compared to Roger's $50 million.  Personally, I would be settle for having a net worth of 50 Million, lol!  The article seems to indicate it's Pete's being a far more prolific song writer that made him more wealthy.  The irony is that Roger is more responsible for starting up The Who.  He brought John Entwistle in to the Detours who in turn recruited Townshend, and then they became The Who.

Yeah, Townshend writes almost everything, so that's to be expected.

Songwriting is not Roger's forte:

Category:Songs written by Roger Daltrey - Wikipedia
    brianlux said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Poncier said:
    brianlux said:

According to this article, Pete's net worth is $150 million compared to Roger's $50 million.  Personally, I would be settle for having a net worth of 50 Million, lol!  The article seems to indicate it's Pete's being a far more prolific song writer that made him more wealthy.  The irony is that Roger is more responsible for starting up The Who.  He brought John Entwistle in to the Detours who in turn recruited Townshend, and then they became The Who.

Yep.....songwriters in a band always make the most.  Bands I have worked with in the past have often split the songwriters share / publishers share evenly to help keep peace within the band.
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    brianlux said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Poncier said:
    brianlux said:

Yep.....songwriters in a band always make the most.  Bands I have worked with in the past have often split the songwriters share / publishers share evenly to help keep peace within the band.

Very true.  I always thought it was cool that (at least for the first several albums but I'm not sure about later) that R.E.M. gave song writing credit to all four members on all their songs.  A very democratic band!

• this clip is still freaking me out. totally nailed. pino etc incredible.

• pjhawks said:
    I love this song.  
    one of the greatest rock anthems ever made

• edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    pjhawks said:
    A policeman knew my name
    I love this song.  
    me two  :)

Tommy was my first Who album after seeing the film in 1975. Better late... Who's Next my second and had to have more. 1978 Who Are You and a Chicago tour date after its release cemented my fandom. 

Seattle 10-22 date!

Sacramento 10-26 (close to Brian, does Pete and Roger have your book  ;) )

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

2/21/68, San Jose Civic Auditorium.  Unforgettable!
    IMG

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,689
    CC9172 said:
    I saw them at MSG as well. I thought they were great. I have seen them many times over the years. They still got it. I think I will go to this show as well. I don't have an AMEX card, so I will wait until public sale on Friday to get my tickets. Where are your seats?

brianlux said:
    IMG

If I was 15 years older I am positive i would have lived somewhere between the Fillmore and Winterland around this era. Led Zeppelin's first appearance at the Fillmore West January 1969 $2.00 a head. 

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Whoops! correction $3.00

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

edwho said:
    brianlux said:
    IMG

If I was 15 years older I am positive i would have lived somewhere between the Fillmore and Winterland around this era. Led Zeppelin's first appearance at the Fillmore West January 1969 $2.00 a head. 

Yeah, those work the days for cheap shows, for sure.  Most of my friends and various roommates and I were young working stiffs making $1.50 to $2.00 an hour but even at those rates had no problem buying tickets to the Fillmore, Winterland, etc.  And a lot of the shows had a couple of separate sets each night and ran for two or three days, so pretty much anyone who wanted to go had a chance to do so.  I so wish for younger generations that it could be like that again. 

Ran into this 1971 gem searching old ticket stubs. Man, just 15 years older and...

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,689
    I just picked up an MSG ticket - center floor - section B, row 25. Who else is going?
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    this clip is still freaking me out. totally nailed. pino etc incredible.

I was listening that song just yesterday, I just love Pete’s solo music. That White City album is so good Face To Face etc. Here’s another I really love this song written by him and to me he actually does have great vocals…. A Friend Is Friend

https://youtu.be/P772TjrDduY

i don’t understand when I post videos, it won’t post where one can just click and it plays?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Woof, this show is not selling many tickets at all in Boston, don't know how other markets are faring.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    will be second time this October at The Schott , OSU campus.
    First time Aug 2002 , Robert Plant opened....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Poncier said:
    Woof, this show is not selling many tickets at all in Boston, don't know how other markets are faring.
    The Hollywood Bowl show barely sold 20% of available tickets during the many on-sales/ pre-sales.

I think its time for them to finally hang it up!
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Poncier said:
    The Hollywood Bowl show barely sold 20% of available tickets during the many on-sales/ pre-sales.

Or rethink their ticket prices at least.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    edited February 2022
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Poncier said:

Or rethink their ticket prices at least.
    This ^^^.  I am interested in hitting the Philly show but the tickets in the 1st level were over $500 before fees.  I will be looking at secondary market.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Live at Leeds, mmmm. Only recently discovered an expanded version which includes a full set playing Tommy! Whoaaaaa!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    being willing to sit upper bowl and pay significantly less.

pair in row H one section left of center 158.95
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14