How do you transfer tickets safely?

ruffdogruffdog Posts: 77
edited February 2022 in Given To Fly (live)
I'm always unsure about buying/selling tix to/from strangers. How do you transfer tix for Eddie Vedder specifically in Chicago (or any show for that matter) to a buyer? Do you get payment from buyer via ticketmaster (if so is there a fee or a way to do it without a fee)? Mostly, is there a way to send/receive money at the same time as sending/receiving tickets to avoid someone having to take the risk blindly?
Post edited by ruffdog on

Comments

• GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL Posts: 760
    edited February 2022
    In my, like, 30+ years of concert going, aside from meeting up in person,.i have found the answer to be no.... aside from meeting in person, there will always be some inherent blind risk.

General rule of thumb is buyer takes "chance" and pays... and then tix are transferred, sent, or whatever

If you're buying on this board, hopefully you either have the opportunity. of meeting in person, or else... Just check the person out. Someone who has been in this club for like 20+ years is *likely* not going to screw you over.

Also... some.people have history and friends on the board... I have successfully bought and sold many, many tix here, and on the DMB warehouse boards as well. 

Only issue i ever had was on the 2005 Canadian Tour. There was a guy named Kyle Gaspari (i think Kyle...cant confirm 100%....Does anyone remember this guys name? He did a lot of 10c ticket transfers and screwed a lot of people that way...).Me... after using my extra and doing shows me for 2 nights... He screwed me over... IN PERSON. Slipped off into the stands... instead if paying for 9th row Mike in Hamilton, ON!!! His board name was Cancon...(check for names like THAT😱) Yall can thank him (and others) for the 10c stopping trades... 

Moral? You iive once... Be smart, try to take some chances and trust people... You just never know. That... and use Paypal Goods and Services when you can..It could be your saving grace. 

GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!!

Post edited by GTFLYGIRL on
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    It’s blind trust. But since it’s on the boards you can always publicly shame and get them kicked off if you get screwed. That being said I’ve never had a problem, I’ve done plenty of transactions here as well . :)

As the seller though you can receive payment first then transfer the tickets. So should be low risk for you.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22