pedal painting done.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
envelope filter

tremolo

mouse and beaver set

and for the record, i pretty much screwed them all up at some point in the process but managed to get pretty cool looking results.

thanks lucy for the peer pressure. i'm serious. i probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Pretty cool!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Nice. How'd you do the lettering?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i used clear inkjet mailing labels for the yellow and orange ones. if the paint hadn't inadvertently crinkled, they would have looked terrible. i lucked out. the other two were just sharpies and paint pen.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Sweeeeeet !!!

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude !!!!!!!

Way cool, much nicer than the plain metal !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • They all look killer
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Ok so I am looking at the pedals and wanted to say "Hey Nice Beaver"

Seriously how do they sound? And how hard were they to assemble?
    So many amazing shows! Thank you.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    If the mighty mouse is anything like the keeley version it should be redonkulous after an od. I wonder what it would sound like through a 4x12 cabinet with an octaver too.

Looks great Ex.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    If the mighty mouse is anything like the keeley version it should be redonkulous after an od. I wonder what it would sound like through a 4x12 cabinet with an octaver too.

Looks great Ex.

well, funny you should mention, i have an octaver again and yeah, it sounds awesome. of course, i can only model a 4x12 in my pod but, it gives me the idea. the extra bass really helps.

i'm going to take the mouse to the music store one day and get someone who knows what they're doing to test drive it through a real rock stack and see how it does.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    well, funny you should mention, i have an octaver again and yeah, it sounds awesome. of course, i can only model a 4x12 in my pod but, it gives me the idea. the extra bass really helps.

i'm going to take the mouse to the music store one day and get someone who knows what they're doing to test drive it through a real rock stack and see how it does.

In a word.....awesome. It really really works well with single coils.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Ok so I am looking at the pedals and wanted to say "Hey Nice Beaver"

Seriously how do they sound? And how hard were they to assemble?

they sound very good. i've had lots of ehx muffs and a proco rat in the past and these do stack up.

i did some clips a few posts done.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=252945

as for assembly, if you can solder and be patient, they're pretty easy. if you're new to soldering, it can be tricky. you don't really need electronics knowledge or anything. it's all paint by numbers basically so it's pretty simple.
    redid the tremolo.

copper tremolo

currently redoing the filter with something similar to what the tremolo had.

i didn't like either finish. and i can't leave well enough along now that i've started.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    exhausted wrote:
    redid the tremolo.

copper tremolo

currently redoing the filter with something similar to what the tremolo had.

i didn't like either finish. and i can't leave well enough along now that i've started.

I like that, but at this point I am absolving my self of any responsibility for any ongoing dissatisfaction for the finishes !! LOL !!!!
    Music is not a competetion.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    In a word.....awesome. It really really works well with single coils.

i've found that so far, i'm only using the assymetrical clipping side. not sure if keeley's mod did that. i think so. but i'm going to replace the symmetrical side silicon diodes with germanium like the dirty rat. the stock side sounds too flat and boring to me.
    i ended up just replacing one of the stock side's silicon diodes with a germanium and wow, what a difference. nice and tubey and more bass response, a little lower gain. feels more touch sensitive. more output volume. more overdrive than distortion.