Smartless Podcast

Probably just a crazy theory boiling, but I noticed the PJ Twitter account follows the podcast account. Thought that was odd since no one from the band has been on. 
Then it had me thinking, I’m going to the Smartless show in Chicago the night before Ed plays there. They advertise a special guest every show. 
I feel like this is something Ed very much wouldn’t do right now and I sound like Charlie in the mailroom. Thought it was an exciting what if though. Maybe if anything the Smartless late show 

Comments

• BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    That would be cool. Certainly more likely to do Smartless than Joe Rogan Experience… funny seeing those pod titles next to each other.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    Based on the EV tour schedule you could also theorize that he pops in between NY and NJ shows. Would be an interesting cameo for sure. Also, did not realize what ticket prices were like for podcast events but :money:

• Are you just resisting the urge to sing Eddie's songs?

*Sings a Chris Cornell written song*
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Just now able to listen to the interview. So if I heard that right, Pearl Jam recorded some new songs already? Said while they were recoded Earthling in Watts Studio “the guys came down and did some Pearl Jam songs” 
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Just now able to listen to the interview. So if I heard that right, Pearl Jam recorded some new songs already? Said while they were recoded Earthling in Watts Studio “the guys came down and did some Pearl Jam songs” 

I was confused by that too, but I think he meant Chad and Josh etc and that they even rehearsed some PJ songs.
  • Smellyman said:
    Just now able to listen to the interview. So if I heard that right, Pearl Jam recorded some new songs already? Said while they were recoded Earthling in Watts Studio “the guys came down and did some Pearl Jam songs” 

I was confused by that too, but I think he meant Chad and Josh etc and that they even rehearsed some PJ songs.
    Kind of what I thought too. But I feel like he referred to specifically Pearl Jam as “the guys” a few times in the interview so I guess that’s what makes me think he actually did mean Pearl Jam 
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    Smellyman said:

Kind of what I thought too. But I feel like he referred to specifically Pearl Jam as “the guys” a few times in the interview so I guess that’s what makes me think he actually did mean Pearl Jam 
    I took it to mean he meant PJ also. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• He mentions Josh, so I took the guys as meaning Chad etc. And them jamming, and playing Pearl Jam songs (let me guess: Porch, and maybe even Not for You or Dirty Frank?)

Seems more likely, than the guys in Pearl Jam flying down to LA "on a whim".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,949
    Smellyman said:

That’s how I heard it, too. Figuring those guys live in LA so a pop in can happen easier than the other guys coming down from Seattle or Montana or wherever they live. They also have their own set up in Seattle so why go down there? 
  • Are you just resisting the urge to sing Eddie's songs?

That was gloriously cringeworthy.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Smellyman said:

That’s how I heard it, too. Figuring those guys live in LA so a pop in can happen easier than the other guys coming down from Seattle or Montana or wherever they live. They also have their own set up in Seattle so why go down there? 
    I interpreted it as well that PJ came down to Andrew’s studio. Sometimes a change of scenery or access to different resources can shake out some creativity. It clearly did for Ed and he has a full setup in his house. Also why bands record in different places all the time.

Who knows maybe he had the guys down just to see the piano. :D
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Are you just resisting the urge to sing Eddie's songs?

That was gloriously cringeworthy.
    Will could not stop fanboying - too funny. Granted none of us would have fared much better.

But yeah way to pull out Hunger Strike, the first and keystone collaboration between Ed and his now deceased honorary big brother Chris. Good job Will!! Should have stuck to Daughter lyrics!!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    edited February 2022
    Smellyman said:

I interpreted it as well that PJ came down to Andrew’s studio. Sometimes a change of scenery or access to different resources can shake out some creativity. It clearly did for Ed and he has a full setup in his house. Also why bands record in different places all the time.

Who knows maybe he had the guys down just to see the piano. :D
    I thought he meant the guys from PJ. They were all in SoCal for Ohana, so I could see them popping over to the studio then. I feel like Ed mentioned PJ had recorded some songs with Watt in another interview, but can't recall.
  • Yes, Ed talked in the MOJO interview about making the next PJ album with Watt. I understood his comments here to mean the PJ boys flew down to LA for recording sessions for that album.