Eddie Vedder Earthlings Tour COVID-19 Protocols

SeaSea Posts: 3,010
News February 2 2022

Tomorrow in NY is the first live show of this "Earthlings" tour that we are doing...

We have done our absolute best and are doing everything we can to be able to play these shows at safely as possible...

For tomorrow's show, remember to bring your proof of vaccination and wear your mask. If you have access to testing and can double-check you're negative before you come, even better.

The goal is to be conscientious of others, and in doing so, get 2 or 3 hours where we can not think of any of this crap and tap into the live music we've been missing...

Positively yours, Ed

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Sea said:
    News February 2 2022

Tomorrow in NY is the first live show of this "Earthlings" tour that we are doing...

We have done our absolute best and are doing everything we can to be able to play these shows at safely as possible...

For tomorrow's show, remember to bring your proof of vaccination and wear your mask. If you have access to testing and can double-check you're negative before you come, even better.

The goal is to be conscientious of others, and in doing so, get 2 or 3 hours where we can not think of any of this crap and tap into the live music we've been missing...

Positively yours, Ed

Exactly what we need right now. 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,436
    Sea said:
    News February 2 2022

Positively yours, Ed

All the world needs now, is love, sweet love.  ❤ 
    ^ oh wait... that's already been sung... but it can't be said enough...
  • Pretty hard not to "think about any of this crap" while wearing a useless mask for several hours at a rock-and-roll show...now I'm glad I didn't buy tix to L.A., and hopefully by the time the actual PJ shows take place come May the Kabuki Theater of forcing everyone to wear masks will have subsided.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Pretty hard not to "think about any of this crap" while wearing a useless mask for several hours at a rock-and-roll show...now I'm glad I didn't buy tix to L.A., and hopefully by the time the actual PJ shows take place come May the Kabuki Theater of forcing everyone to wear masks will have subsided.
    I'm not looking for a fight or argument, but you cannot be the only person on the face of this Earth that has never accidentally spit saliva while speaking.  Imagine singing along with the band.  Masks are not useless; they provide protection for those around you, as well as protection for yourself.  As Ed said, the goal is to be conscientious of others.  I don't want to go a show and sit next to someone who doesn't consider other people's safety.  It's getting old for all of us, but we can't just wish it away.
    edited February 2022
    Edit: for kindness
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Negative Covid test! Ready for tomorrow :)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Pretty hard not to "think about any of this crap" while wearing a useless mask for several hours at a rock-and-roll show...now I'm glad I didn't buy tix to L.A., and hopefully by the time the actual PJ shows take place come May the Kabuki Theater of forcing everyone to wear masks will have subsided.
    I'm not looking for a fight or argument, but you cannot be the only person on the face of this Earth that has never accidentally spit saliva while speaking.  Imagine singing along with the band.  Masks are not useless; they provide protection for those around you, as well as protection for yourself.  As Ed said, the goal is to be conscientious of others.  I don't want to go a show and sit next to someone who doesn't consider other people's safety.  It's getting old for all of us, but we can't just wish it away.
    +all of us 
  • zanette13zanette13 New Hampshire Posts: 69
    Oddly it doesn't look like the same rules were in place for the private event show...not a mask in sight in the crowd. 
    5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 9/26/15, 4/11/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 6/24/18, 6/26/18, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/6/22, 5/7/22, 5/9/22, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 9/17/22
    8/2/08, 6/16/11, 9/24/17, 2/3/22, 2/4/22
    11/4/16
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Pretty hard not to "think about any of this crap" while wearing a useless mask for several hours at a rock-and-roll show...now I'm glad I didn't buy tix to L.A., and hopefully by the time the actual PJ shows take place come May the Kabuki Theater of forcing everyone to wear masks will have subsided.
    Well said.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,145
    zanette13 said:
    Oddly it doesn't look like the same rules were in place for the private event show...not a mask in sight in the crowd. 
    I highly doubt this will be enforced at any venue
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,949
    zanette13 said:

It wasn't in NYC.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,314
    zanette13 said:

It wasn't in NYC.
    Has nothing to do with NYC. It specifically said at the artists request in the email. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    zanette13 said:

It wasn't in NYC.
    Has nothing to do with NYC. It specifically said at the artists request in the email. 
    Okay, it was a request that no one obliged. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    zanette13 said:

It wasn't in NYC.
    Well then that doesn't bode well for the 2020 cancelled shows being announced anytime soon.  The band is looking out for their fans, I highly doubt they will schedule shows if crowds don't abide by their requests.  
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    nicknyr15 said:
    zanette13 said:

It wasn't in NYC.
    Well then that doesn't bode well for the 2020 cancelled shows being announced anytime soon.  The band is looking out for their fans, I highly doubt they will schedule shows if crowds don't abide by their requests.  
    At least in Canada by May it looks like all provinces will have mask mandates removed completely. I am guessing the US will have done the same correct? 
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    zanette13 said:

It wasn't in NYC.
    At least in Canada by May it looks like all provinces will have mask mandates removed completely. I am guessing the US will have done the same correct? 
    I can't say PJNB, you guys up North have been way more ahead of controlling this than the US.  Remember this all started when we had a President that denied it even existed; fueled a flame against protecting one another from it.  Therefore, we are way behind that eight ball.  STILL.  
    nicknyr15 said:
    zanette13 said:

It wasn't in NYC.
    Mask mandates are ending in the near future.