Could Eddie show up on Marc Marons podcast for his solo album?

He seems to be doing press and is going out solo. He has done Howard Stern.

Could Marc Maron be in the cards for this spring?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    I’ve been wondering too. Seems like a no brainer. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • I like Marc Maron as a comedian, but he can be a terrible interviewer who doesn't really prepare unless he is interviewing someone he already knows a lot about (usually other comedians). I doubt he even cares/knows much about PJ or Vedder's solo work, but I'd be happily surprised if I am wrong.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    edited February 2022
    jdasilvaf said:
    I like Marc Maron as a comedian, but he can be a terrible interviewer who doesn't really prepare unless he is interviewing someone he already knows a lot about (usually other comedians). I doubt he even cares/knows much about PJ or Vedder's solo work, but I'd be happily surprised if I am wrong.
    Listen to his Chris Cornell interview. Seemed to know a lot more about the Seattle scene (knowing Green River etc) than I would have thought. Could connect dots and you could tell he had an understanding of the scene and had picked up things.

He also talked before the Neil Young interview about how he had overlooked parts of Neils career etc, but the talk was still great. And he still got the context of Neil ad an artist and his career.

And I rather take a guy like Marc being a bit "And then you released that second album, I wasn't into you guys much, I thought you sounded like Bad Company... but it had a sheep on the cover right and you played with Neil at the VMAs or some award show? I remember watching that coked out of my mind" having a general knowledge than someone with prewritten questions who has read up on it the morning before the taping, while at the same time reading up on the Mariah Carey interview they are doing afterwards. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Love WTF. I posted about how the band follows the Smartless Twitter account. They get pretty big and rare guests so maybe he’s going to be on there soon 
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I would love Eddie to be on Maron's podcast (big fan) but I've heard Maron compare PJ to Bad Company a few times over the recent years in a non-complementary way. I believe it was when he was interviewing the creator or Drunk History (who IS a big PJ fan) and he asked Maron what he thought of the band. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Maybe Maron named his podcast, WTF after the opening line in Porch?
  • Maron has routinely said on his pod that he doesn’t like pj and doesnt get the fascination with them. I highly doubt eddie will be a guest.