How do you guys listen to your PJ shows these days? (what service is best)

Years back I accumulated a pretty decent collection of PJ shows on cd. This was done by purchasing the official shows on disk back in 2000, as well as many of the shows released through the 10c in 2003. In 2003, I remember doing the ol’ “b&p” (blanks and postage”, with a few fans in here, were we traded different live shows through the mail by burning them on blanks. 

Forward to now. My CD player I used to listen to with my stereo system went out long ago, and so it’s been a while since I’ve listened to any music on disk. I spend more time these days listening to music in my backyard, doing yard work, or bbq’ing. 

So now I’m listening via a Bluetooth portable speaker, and all I have to listen to is my PJ collection on my phone. It’s all the studio albums, plus a few shows that iTunes had available. How can I listen to all of the live shows I had on disk, but now do it on my phone? 

I know there’s different streaming services out there. Which one do you guys prefer or think is the best, when it comes to live PJ shows? Thanks in advance 

Comments

• RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,380
    Nugs
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Nugs is amazing! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pearljambootlegs.org ---> Copenhagen 2007
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    PRL1JAM said:
    Years back I accumulated a pretty decent collection of PJ shows on cd. This was done by purchasing the official shows on disk back in 2000, as well as many of the shows released through the 10c in 2003. In 2003, I remember doing the ol’ “b&p” (blanks and postage”, with a few fans in here, were we traded different live shows through the mail by burning them on blanks. 

Forward to now. My CD player I used to listen to with my stereo system went out long ago, and so it’s been a while since I’ve listened to any music on disk. I spend more time these days listening to music in my backyard, doing yard work, or bbq’ing. 

So now I’m listening via a Bluetooth portable speaker, and all I have to listen to is my PJ collection on my phone. It’s all the studio albums, plus a few shows that iTunes had available. How can I listen to all of the live shows I had on disk, but now do it on my phone? 

I know there’s different streaming services out there. Which one do you guys prefer or think is the best, when it comes to live PJ shows? Thanks in advance 
    I'm really old, I guess, but all of the shows i have on CD are also burned on my computer - so i just have them all on my ipod (are those even around anymore?).  So i can still listen to them when mowing or doing yard work or even here at work.  But to answer your question, i just use either my ipod or stream through amazon music and listen through a portable bluetooth speaker here at work or headphones when i'm at home...
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,833
    edited February 2022
    I’ve keep all my boots on iTunes Match, $25/year to essentially store them in the cloud and can be streamed or downloaded to on my iPhone/iPad/Macbook through Apple Music.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,258
    I use Nugs. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    tschav said:
    I’ve keep all my boots on iTunes Match, $25/year to essentially store them in the cloud and can be streamed or downloaded to on my iPhone/iPad/Macbook through Apple Music.
    This is what I do as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    You guys rock! I appreciate the suggestions. I’m going to give Nugs a try. The ITunes Match definitely sounds like a cool option as well. I might try the iTunes Match down the road, once I get my boots downloaded to my PC. Thanks again everyone! 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    I'm old school.  I've been collection FLAC files for my music collection for 10 to 15 years now.   The deck in my truck can play flac over USB so I keep a little thumb usb drive in it with all my favourite music.  It does bluetooth, so I can load stuff on my phone and play it over bluetooth.  That also makes it great for listening while I do public transit.

I suppose I've been going with what I know, but I do tend to go camping and exploring outside of cell range, so it's nice having uninterrupted tunes.  Plus is feels weird paying a monthly sub when I've purchased mega tonnes of music over my life (format shifting is legal in Canada).
  • For me PJ radio on Sirius takes the guesswork out of selecting my own shows. For everything else Tidal they have an ok selection of live PJ. Can’t beat 5 bucks a month with the TMR vault discount instead of 20 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Live:  Sirius, Youtube
    Albums: Spotify
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,258
    PRL1JAM said:
    You guys rock! I appreciate the suggestions. I’m going to give Nugs a try. The ITunes Match definitely sounds like a cool option as well. I might try the iTunes Match down the road, once I get my boots downloaded to my PC. Thanks again everyone! 

No problemo! 

Nugs is fantastic! For streaming Pearl Jam bootlegs, that's that way to go. The app is very easy to use. And you also get 15% on digital downloads & CD's.