Options

Budapest, July 12th 2022

MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
Any word yet from fans or fan club members that are going to meet somwhere near the stadium for the show?
I'm staying at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest.
Looking for great food and better beer. Hope to meet some PJ fans while I'm there solo.
July 12th - gonna come faster than you think ;-) !!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Also, if any locals have some great recs for the amazing local cusuine / restaurants / bars ... MUCH appreciated!!
    Thx!!
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    all the pj fan should meet in one of the ruin bars count me in
    for me this will be the best show of the european tour
    danny d
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I'm down buddy. Let me know if you need my contact info as the date gets closer. I do agree this is going to be the best show in Europe. Budapest! One of the most beautiful cities in the world!!
  • Options
    bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 140
    My wife and I are going along with another friend of ours living here in Austin. Let us know which ruin bar and we'll be there. Really hoping for 'Present Tense'!!!!
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    I'm very surprised that the band is playing Hungary.  They are going to play into the teeth of an autocratic gov't who is basically against everything for which PJ stands.  No offense to anyone with tickets, but I hope they reconsider. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm very surprised that the band is playing Hungary.  They are going to play into the teeth of an autocratic gov't who is basically against everything for which PJ stands.  No offense to anyone with tickets, but I hope they reconsider. 
    I was thinking about that too. No offense added either folks. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,090
    edited February 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    They played Poland in 2018 and Eddie was vocal from the stage about "their problems" back then. Even draped himself in a pride flag.

But yes. Not playing North Carolina. But plying Hungary?

And I have tickets to the show.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Dude, it's only like the most beautiful city in the world. Definitely in the top five. That's why they're playing there. What band wouldn't want a chance to play in Budapest beautiful Budapest Hungary??? Plus, the band knows the fans that are going to the show don't agree with the politics of the country leaders.
  • Options
    Most will be English speaking most will be liberals most will be probably Americans even.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    mrussel1 said:
    They played Poland in 2018 and Eddie was vocal from the stage about "their problems" back then. Even draped himself in a pride flag.

But yes. Not playing North Carolina. But plying Hungary?

And I have tickets to the show.

Yes, it has seemed weird since the announcement. I also have tickets and will be coming from Austin. Any local tips are appreciated. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    And I wonder why they're not playing North Carolina ... hmmmm. Maybe Madison Cawhorne??? 
  • Options
    Cawthorne
  • Options
    And unless something happens with covid, severely happens trust me they're not going to reconsider playing this show. Anyone flying out of LAX by any chance?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,090
    edited February 2022
    MSnider44 said:
    Dude, it's only like the most beautiful city in the world. Definitely in the top five. That's why they're playing there. What band wouldn't want a chance to play in Budapest beautiful Budapest Hungary??? 
    Why haven't they played Hungary since 1996? If it is in the top 5 even? Why haven't they taken that chance?

They could switch Budapest for Gothenburg. Maybe not top 5. But at least top 75. It's a win-win for everone.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Hundreds and hundreds of other shows and $$$ to make. I mean how many times have they played Italy in that time frame, how many times have they gone to South America within that time frame, even here in the United States Wyoming Idaho California of course?

I personally can't number one wait to get to hungry and then number two see the Pearl Jam show. And I'm the biggest liberal there is. 
  • Options
    Wait to get to Hungary
  • Options
    And I'm the biggest Pearl Jam fan there is
  • Options
    This will probably be one of the most epic shows they put on, just because of where they're playing. My dream, which I haven't heard live yet is Hail, Hail. 
  • Options
    MSnider44 said:
    Dude, it's only like the most beautiful city in the world. Definitely in the top five. That's why they're playing there. What band wouldn't want a chance to play in Budapest beautiful Budapest Hungary??? Plus, the band knows the fans that are going to the show don't agree with the politics of the country leaders.
    Because of Viktor Orban.  Moscow is beautiful too. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MSnider44 said:
    Because of Viktor Orban.  Moscow is beautiful too. 
    Moscow is definitely on my bucket list.
    7 years ago I went to Istanbul, and holy crap was that a beautiful city.
  • Options
    Just because some of the countries have autocrats who keep wraps on the public doesn't mean people the people there can't have the chance to see a great band in a beautiful city and a beautiful venue. I'd love it if Pearl Jam played Moscow. I'd be on the first flight out. 
  • Options
    LAX anyone? And then toronto? Does zurich? And then the budapest? That's quite the trip I'm taking ...
  • Options
    And then Zurich, and then Budapest
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    MSnider44 said:
    Just because some of the countries have autocrats who keep wraps on the public doesn't mean people the people there can't have the chance to see a great band in a beautiful city and a beautiful venue. I'd love it if Pearl Jam played Moscow. I'd be on the first flight out. 
    Dude, chill. Nobody is questioning the beauty of these places. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    MSnider44 said:
    It's just surprising because of the other stances they have taken here in teh States.  That's all I'm saying.  I'm not saying they should or should not (although I have my opinion).  However, given the history, it is surprising.  I will say this was scheduled a few years ago and only in teh last 18-24 months has Orban really become autorcratic. 
  • Options
    Oh I'm chill. Trust me I'm chill. There are people / (you) on here who aren't chill. I haven't seen you write down Budapest is a beautiful cityI 😀😀😀Anyways, let the MFers play where they want to f'ing play. They deserve to play wherever they want to play even if it's in USP Florence, in CO. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MSnider44 said:
    It's just surprising because of the other stances they have taken here in teh States.  That's all I'm saying.  I'm not saying they should or should not (although I have my opinion).  However, given the history, it is surprising.  I will say this was scheduled a few years ago and only in teh last 18-24 months has Orban really become autorcratic. 
    Honestly dude at this point, at their age, it's because they want to travel the world!!! And see places they haven't seen before.
  • Options
    MSnider44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MSnider44 said:
    Honestly dude at this point, at their age, it's because they want to travel the world!!! And see places they haven't seen before.
    Or have barely seen before
  • Options
    And they want to bring their kids!!!!
  • Options
    Wife and I are going. Ruin bars sound interesting. I haven’t actually done much Budapest research yet, perhaps I haven’t convinced myself this is actually going to happen 😂