LA Show End Time to LAX

any insight/opinions on whether i'd be able to catch a 12:40 AM flight at LAX after the show at YouTube Theatre? assuming that i wouldn't wanna leave the show early...
buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    You'll need to haul ass. LA traffic is the worst. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    Traffic would not be your problem, not at 11 p.m.  Your biggest obstacle would be getting out of the venue.  If you're planning on using a rideshare service, you'll be competing with hundreds of other people if you leave when the show ends.  But you'd be about as close to the airport as you can get.

(For the record, I live in L.A.  I'm originally from New York City and also lived in Boston.  And L.A. traffic is the worst except for New York traffic and Boston traffic.  I'll take the 405 to LAX over the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn and Queens to JFK any day.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    LAX is only a 10 minute car ride away and traffic shouldn't be an issue that late at night. The ticket says 7:30 which I'm guessing will be when Glenn goes on for his opening set. I'd guess he plays 30, maybe 45 minutes tops and then EV goes on 8:45-9. I would think the show will end at 11pm. 

I think you should be good to make it. Shouldn't be too hard to grab an Uber and get there at that time of night.
  • BF25394 said:
    Traffic would not be your problem, not at 11 p.m.  Your biggest obstacle would be getting out of the venue.  If you're planning on using a rideshare service, you'll be competing with hundreds of other people if you leave when the show ends.  But you'd be about as close to the airport as you can get.

(For the record, I live in L.A.  I'm originally from New York City and also lived in Boston.  And L.A. traffic is the worst except for New York traffic and Boston traffic.  I'll take the 405 to LAX over the Belt Parkway in Brooklyn and Queens to JFK any day.)
    You can pre-request your ride and avoid the wait.