FS / FT posters including 96 Columbia Merriweather Ames mermaid in terrible shape

Landed my grail thanks to good folks here, now have to figure out how to pay for it... OR acquire more stuff I shouldn't have and can't afford!
For sale or trade, 3 posters:

PJ Boston 5/17/10 Munk One - VG has been in frame basically since show. Asking $425

EV NYC Beacon Theater 6/21/11 Frank Kozik and Jermaine Rogers - also VG stored framed. I could use some help on valuation of this one, the price data on EB is all out of whack from the last one selling for $600? Maybe a typo but maybe not? I don't think it has anything to do with mixing up artist edition data.

Lastly, my treasured and only remaining 1996 poster, the 9/24/96 Columbia MD Merriweather Post Pavillion mermaid. IN POOR CONDITION. Got this through the Ten Club mail newsletter mail order form, and of course being a dumb college kid moving around, had this thumbtacked to several different walls and then didn't understand what it meant when I did finally have the money to frame it and they included DRYMOUNTING.  I know, I know.

So, it's in poor shape. But it looks great in the frame and as I remember the mat actually hides some of the tack hole damage, but not all.  Here are pics but I count 2 major tack holes plus a scuff or 2 in the upper left hand corner, 2 spots of "compounded" tack holes in the upper right and some scuffs, a gaping tack hole and scuffs in the lower left, and a hot mess of 6+ tack holes in the bottom right.  As far as value, one sold last year that had "severe edge damage and waviness" and I do not think anyone who saw this in person would think it was as bad as that. Ones in good condition are going for over $3k.  I think $2k would be fair, but of course am reasonable and willing to talk about it. How do people usually discount the value of a poster that has been drymounted? As it's, again, drymounted, I think think this sale or trade would have to include the frame. I'm willing to take the frame apart, see if I can safely remove the mat to try and get pics of hidden tack damage for serious inquiries, but why subject ourselves to further torture yeah?

In addition to cash, my trade interests include probably a bunch of things that are unlikely or just plain ridiculous - please don't poke fun: band/member autographed or stage-used items, a 96 Hartford poster (my gateway drug print that I had to sell long ago), Kong (I was there and it was my birthday), or anything unique and unusual.

I know my posts are way too long.  Thanks for reading.  I don't post often but I've made some super fun trades here and enjoy being a sometimes member of this community - we are lucky to be fans of this band and have each other to connect with!

Comments

• If you get $500 for a dry mounted poster consider yourself lucky.
  • JM73055JM73055 Posts: 127
    If you get $500 for a dry mounted poster consider yourself lucky.

thanks much for your input, I do welcome it. You hooked me up I think with some great backstage satins and I will always appreciate you for it!
  • JM73055 said:
    If you get $500 for a dry mounted poster consider yourself lucky.

thanks much for your input, I do welcome it. You hooked me up I think with some great backstage satins and I will always appreciate you for it!
    THAT was a fun ride.  They thinned out though and people just have them sitting in their drawers now...Boo.
  • danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,194
    Good luck with the sales / trades my friend!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA), 8/29/24 (IL), 8/31/24 (IL), 9/3/24 (NY), 9/4/24 (NY), 9/7/24 (PA), 9/12/24 (MD), 9/15/24 (MA), 9/17/24 (MA)
  • The 96 is very desirable but with so many issues I think it would need a special buyer to pay crazy 
    Halfprop said:
    The 96 is very desirable but with so many issues I think it would need a special buyer to pay crazy 

Yeah, it's my first time dealing with something like this and don't have much to base off.  I would still think that this, which c'mon is beautiful to look at when hung on your wall and you just look away from the corners (ha) - isn't that better than "major edge damage and waviness"? But again like I said above, totally willing to talk, and now I have some good feedback from people who know things.
  • jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 412
    if you can find a good conservationist, they can fill those holes real easy.  it looks like they are in spots where it's single or no color too, which makes it even easier.   i have the same poster (MW) and it had one bad hole in it, and i found an art convservationist to fix it and it looks amazing.  cost me about 500 to fix
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,804
    jpgoegel said:
    if you can find a good conservationist, they can fill those holes real easy.  it looks like they are in spots where it's single or no color too, which makes it even easier.   i have the same poster (MW) and it had one bad hole in it, and i found an art convservationist to fix it and it looks amazing.  cost me about 500 to fix
    truth...some of these peeps are magicians...I've had a few done, one was dry mounted as well 
    it came out much better than expected....i found my guy at a museum/gallery 
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
    jpgoegel said:
    interesting, thanks for the suggestion. never would have thought of that. however it sounds like the drymounting is my major problem here?

edited January 2022
    there's a guy here in MA but he works (or did, havent spoken with him in about a year) in Indiana for the historical society that did my work.  if if either of those places are close to you

https://www.irwinpaperconservation.com/
    Post edited by jpgoegel on
    jpgoegel said:
    there's a guy here in MA but he works (or did, havent spoken with him in about a year) in Indiana for the historical society that did my work.  if if either of those places are close to you

https://www.irwinpaperconservation.com/

Dang! He was 2 towns over from me in MA but looks like he moved to Indianapolis in 2018.  Might still send him an email.  Thanks very much for the recommendation!
    edited January 2022
    he lives in Maynard, but spends like 90% of his time in IN.   from what we talked about sometime during this pandemic.  i completely forgot when it was but he still lives here.   I live 2 towns away from Maynard, in Bolton

he'd get a kick out of working on the same piece I bet, if you get in touch with him.