Platinum TM tix eligible for fan to fan exchange????

I’m thoroughly confused!  I think my age is showing.  I got rattled when buying tickets for EV in Newark Feb 6th. 
I needed one ticket but ended up buying 2 in the confusion.  I have one TM platinum ticket I want to sell, but I am having no luck finding out if it is eligible for fan to fan exchange or do I have to sell and meet person at the show to walk in because tickets are not transferrable.  When the heck is the fan to fan exchange - is it some big secret!  I’m feeling very agitated- wondering if I am the only one! Maybe EV can write a song about this issue 😁. 
As much as I appreciate EV trying to help fans get tickets, the restrictions have turned into a shitshow!  
Any help out there would be much appreciated.
No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...

Comments

• MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    No one knows when it is! So you aren’t the only one confused. I believe it should be eligible once it does open. If you sold it on your own, the person would need to meet you there and go in with you.  If you sell it on fan to fan (if and when it opens) You wouldn’t have to do that. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • not certain on this, but i think platinum tickets are not eligible to be transferred or sold.  
  • You can write to Ticketmaster requesting  a refund for part of your order. Since NJPAC changed the Covid requirements after tickets went on sale this venue is honoring refunds.
  • Magoo2Magoo2 Posts: 95
    Thank you for all of your responses.  I was able to get a refund as per Wishful Thinking’s recommendation.  
    FYI- Based on what I read in the FAQs, I believe it is only possible to sell a platinum ticket on the TM site once the event is sold out.  NJPAC still has tickets on sale for the 6th. 

• pthomnpthomn Posts: 116
    Magoo2 said:
    Thank you for all of your responses.  I was able to get a refund as per Wishful Thinking’s recommendation.  
    FYI- Based on what I read in the FAQs, I believe it is only possible to sell a platinum ticket on the TM site once the event is sold out.  NJPAC still has tickets on sale for the 6th. 

I requested my refund for this on the 6th. They have told me it will take 30 days to get the refund. TM told me to contact the event organizer. The tickets I returned were listed on the site and already sold again... hope you get your money back quicker than me...
    I received the refund to my account last week 👍. Good luck getting your refund too
    My Beacon ticket can be transferred via TM because the laws allow ticket transfer in NY.  So I can transfer to anyone via text or email. 
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,805
    Magoo2 said:
    I received the refund to my account last week 👍. Good luck getting your refund too
    what was the process? 
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
    edited February 2022
    Go to the Ticketmaster site and click on your ticket. Look for the box that says “contact us”. Email them that you cannot meet the vaccination requirements for the show and are requesting a refund. They will email back that they are going to process your request and then get back to you. About a day later I received an email that my refund was approved. This was only good for the Newark show because they changed the guidelines for Covid From being able to go without vaccine but a negative test to everyone Being fully vaccinated. Hope this helps
    Post edited by Magoo2 on