Options

WORDLE Game

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    edited January 2022
    Today's one was a bit crap because i didnt even know that was even a word. I got the last 3 letters so made up some interesting words but just not that one.

I can't imagine I'll be using that word again unless I'm playing scrabble.

I don’t want to give it away for anyone who hasn’t played today. But I thought everyone would know that word because of a major event that happened in our history. Probably a top 10 US event in the last 100 years. In reference to said event is probably the only time I’ve ever heard that word though. Thinking about that is how I came up with the word only knowing 3 letters out of order.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Today's one was a bit crap because i didnt even know that was even a word. I got the last 3 letters so made up some interesting words but just not that one.

It was a tough one today, at least I thought it was…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I don’t want to give it away for anyone who hasn’t played today. But I thought everyone would know that word because of a major event that happened in our history. Probably a top 10 US event in the last 100 years. In reference to said event is probably the only time I’ve ever heard that word though. Thinking about that is how I came up with the word only knowing 3 letters out of order.
    I dont live in America
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I dont live in America
    Ahh, well that makes sense. Rereading it I was trying too hard to not give it away and made it sound like everyone should know it. When I just meant to say I’ve never heard that word used outside of describing that event.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    Wordle 220 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
    ⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
    ⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Took a while to figure out what word I could make with the remaining letters.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    Did my first WORDLE this evening.  Took all 6 bars, 22 1/2 minutes, but got it.  "Phew" indeed!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,355
    Nice game! :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Wordle 220 5/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
    ⬛🟨🟨⬛🟨
    🟩⬛🟨🟨⬛
    🟩⬛🟨🟩⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,537
    I was so stumped and then I just saw it.

Wordle 220 5/6

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨🟩⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday's word was KNOLL (I can spoil the day after right?) and we only know it from The Grassy Knoll which has to do with JFK's assassination. And also a recent location of a strange event held by a disturbingly large US political cult. I had no idea how "KNOLL" was spelled in that context - you learn something new every day. "A small mound or hill" according to the dictionary, most common in Great Britain and China I saw. The more you know.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wordle 220 4/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
    🟨⬛⬛⬛🟩
    ⬛🟨🟩⬛🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,997
    Wordle 220 5/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
    🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Probably my best start. My best shot at getting it in 2 but couldn’t come up with a word so just went for more letters. 
    Wordle 220 5/6

🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟨🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    I was so stumped and then I just saw it.

Wordle 220 5/6

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨🟩⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday's word was KNOLL (I can spoil the day after right?) and we only know it from The Grassy Knoll which has to do with JFK's assassination. And also a recent location of a strange event held by a disturbingly large US political cult. I had no idea how "KNOLL" was spelled in that context - you learn something new every day. "A small mound or hill" according to the dictionary, most common in Great Britain and China I saw. The more you know.
    That’s what I was thinking yesterday. I got it when I had K  O and L out of order and that was the first word that came to find. Had it not been for the JFK assassination I never would have heard that word. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,390
    Wordle 220 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟨🟨⬜🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Wordle 220 4/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟩⬜🟨⬜🟨
    🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Wordle 220 4/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟨🟨⬜🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

knoll was tuff. Grassy knoll. Only way I remember that stupid word, lol. 
  • Options
    Wordle 221 6/6

• Options
    Wordle 221 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    Dang it! I was going to guess the answer on my second try, but decided to go with a more conventional word and then doubted it again in my 3rd try.

Wordle 221 4/6*

⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
    ⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
    ⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Wordle 221 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
    ⬛⬛⬛🟩🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Dang it! I was going to guess the answer on my second try, but decided to go with a more conventional word and then doubted it again in my 3rd try.

Wordle 221 4/6*

⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
    ⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
    ⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    Yep.  I would have had it in 3 if I went a different way.  I was aggravated when I saw my third attempt was incorrect, lol.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Wordle 221 4/6*

⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
    ⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
    ⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    Yep.  I would have had it in 3 if I went a different way.  I was aggravated when I saw my third attempt was incorrect, lol.
    Well, I got it in three, dipshits. :tongue:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:

Wordle 221 4/6*

⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
    ⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
    ⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    Well, I got it in three, dipshits. :tongue:
    I don't suffer fools...
  • Options
    Wordle 221 6/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My worst one yet. Phew. 
  • Options
    Today was a rough one

Wordle 221 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options
    Do you all play in hard mode? That is how I have been playing. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    I struggle enough in regular mode 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,390
    Wordle 221 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    I struggle enough in regular mode 
    :whistle:
    I SAW PEARL JAM