Brother The Cloud

PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
Well this is something...

The song has to be about either Cornell, Petty or maybe Ed's actual brother...

I am blown away by the last 1-1:30 of the same.. The lyrics are unreal during that time - I feel as if he is speaking directly to the listener...

"And I would not wish upon you - but should you ever leave this earth before me - I doubt this hardly - do for me what i'd do for you - put your arms around my friend - put your arms around my friend - put your arms around my brother my friend"

What a great piece of music and lyrics..

If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H

Comments

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    I’m convinced this is definitely about CC, but also a bit about his brother. Ed led into it on Thursday by talking about the NYT article where he and the interviewer discussed suicide. I don’t blame him for not wanting to be open about the CC part, partially because it’s still very painful to him plus also the circus that is the CC estate.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I can't stop listening to the second half of this song, the initial melodies are a bit ropey but the ending is just PHENOMINAL! Hearing Ed hold that note first time was very surprising.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    Just heard the song on Fordham university station here on Long Island

glad  it’s getting some spins. Sounded great at the show last night

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,159
    Have deliberately not over listened to it before the full album release. Only listened 4 or 5 times. It is a great song. Looking forward to fully immersing myself in It with the other tracks. 

interesting that Ed released it as a single. 🤔 He probably knew it would garner a fair bit of interest re: it’s subject matter. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14