Who Else is Working Over The Holiday Weekend??

I am a CPA so this is a busy time of year for tax planning.  My wife is away at her mothers, and I am stuck working Friday and Saturday.

Luckily there are a bunch of good Persian restaurants open near my office so at least my co-workers and I can have a nice lunch!

Anyone else gonna be on the job this weekend??

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I am a CPA so this is a busy time of year for tax planning.  My wife is away at her mothers, and I am stuck working Friday and Saturday.

Luckily there are a bunch of good Persian restaurants open near my office so at least my co-workers and I can have a nice lunch!

Anyone else gonna be on the job this weekend??
    Yes indeed, I work for an organization that is 24/7 - 365.  I will be working most of this weekend.  
  • Sorry for you.  I am on PTO and got up and worked anyway, this morning....but I am not working Sat.  (Might do some work tomorrow.)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,872
    edited December 2021
    Although I'm on holiday I'll still be working a little. I'm taking it easy and will do some work on my laptop.
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,743
    picked up an extra run for sunday. daytime driving for a change......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Does being on call count? 
    Gotta say though for triple time plus mileage I'll go in for pretty much any measly call and not be cranky about it. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,966

-

Forgot about him! Funny stuff.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    I’ve never worked a Christmas 🎄 or New Years Day.

Cheers to those that do…you are  appreciated.
    Give Peas A Chance…