First Ever Consecutive Number One Record Store Day Titles in the Same Year

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,260

We had planned something a bit more formal, but times being what they are…had to just spring it on em. @mikemccreadypj from @pearljam accepts award
First Ever Consecutive Number One Record Store Day Titles in the Same Year. #mtvunplugged #liveateasystreet
On behalf of @recordstoredayus congratulations @pearljam
You have always been such great supporters of ours. You fought for indie retail and record store culture back when it wasn’t popular. Viva La Vinyl! #spintheblackcircle
As author Clint Brownlee states in his “Vs.” book “The reverence demonstrated for indie retail marked a first for an act of Pearl Jam’s stature. It was unheard of then and set an indie love precedent for bands such as Metallica and Foo Fighters to follow.”
@kimwarnick says “the things they do…they turned out to be the most punk rock band ever” Dan Peters from @mudhoney_ “they are a model of how to do things properly…treat people w respect…”

Anyhow, thanks guys for surprising us with that blistering set back on April 29, 2005…and then to release it on CD exclusively to indie record stores the following year…and then to release it exclusively to indie stores again almost 15 years later.

Not sure #RecordStoreDay would’ve ever got off the ground without your support!

Much thanks to @mikaelkyrtz @andreapaschal for commissioning the plaque. #rsdambassadors 2019 and @timbierman_ for his tireless efforts at PJHQ

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,668
    very cool.

• Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    It's awesome to see this. I've always thought they were a big part of bringing back vinyl but didn't know what other bands were doing at the time. Seeing Easy Street give them credit for the success of RSD is  incredible.
    Things were different then
  • I need Fugees The Score
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,260
    Bump!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    That is awesome
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,260
      :)