Mistakenly bought tickets for wrong venue

As I was not chosen for the pre-sale, I was perusing Ticketmaster this morning and checking out the dates of shows I could possibly attend.  With multiple windows open, I stupidly confused myself and clicked on the wrong venue and purchased tickets for the Thursday, Feb 17, 2022 show in Inglewood California.  Thinking that if I didn't get all my purchase info in quickly enough the tickets would "time out," I rushed and bought them before realizing after the fact it wasn't the show I was intending to buy.  Opps.  
There is, understandably, no way to resell these tickets, and I would never even want to sell them for any profit to another PJ/Eddie Vedder fan anyway.  However, there doesn't appear to even be a way to pass them on to someone who actually can go.  I did see on another thread mention of something called the "fan to fan ticket exchange," which allows you to sell them to another individual for the exact same retrial price with no mark up, which is exactly what i want to do. Heck, I'd even sell them at a little loss just to get them in the hands of another fan.  However, I cannot seem to find the "fan to fan" option on Ticketmaster.  Has anyone else have experience with this or been able to use it successfully?  I presume because Ten Club has nothing to do with the regular sale, there is probably no help they can offer.  
Thanks in advance for any advice.  
Peace 

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,211
    The Fan 2 Fan option hasn't opened up yet. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • jakesbluskyhomejakesbluskyhome Posts: 148
    edited December 2021
    Shoot I’ll venmo you whatever you paid if you don’t mind sending be your tickets when it becomes an option. I’ve been waiting for the fan to fan exchange to open for the chance to buy some tickets from someone like you who can’t go. Let me know cause I really would send you what you payed no problem at all.
  • Jakesbluskyhome:
    I think the way it works is that you can only do it through the Ticketmaster portal.  However, when it opens, I can message you so you can grab them just as I post them.  If there is a way to direct them to you, I will. They are good seats close to stage.  
  • Ah very cool. Yeah that would be so rad. I live in San Diego and am waiting for the Ticketmaster fan exchange to just upload their page already haha I think it might not be up until January 2022 I saw.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,775
    edited December 2021
    Oops. Why do people keep typing "opps"
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    I had a Metallica show that I couldn't attend, and they did not offer a transfer option until 2 days prior to show, and when it did, I posted them at cost, and sold them immediately. So just wait until it gets closer to the show, and you should be able to get rid of them. 
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I almost did that once years ago, so glad I caught it before I hit the final button.  Good luck to the OP in transferring tickets to someone who can go to the show.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    How did you accidentally purchase for Inglewood? Have tickets been dropping since the onsale?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • geagle01 said:
    Jakesbluskyhome:
    I think the way it works is that you can only do it through the Ticketmaster portal.  However, when it opens, I can message you so you can grab them just as I post them.  If there is a way to direct them to you, I will. They are good seats close to stage.  

If this is anything like the exchange for what was supposed to be the 2020 tour, good luck. There'll be all sorts of people F5ing and probably some bots too.

Make sure the buyer and seller are online and ready to go at the same time...and be quick.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • That’s the thing is I’m always wary when it comes to big purchases thru third party but the forum is a good place it seems in terms of sometimes finding someone to trade/buy 
  • ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    I believe that if you contact Ticketmaster within 24 hours, you can cancel the purchase. I’ve had to do that myself, once.
    ✌🏼❤️
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
     Ticketmaster doesn't  have the option to transfer your tickets to a friend? (I know I have done this in the past)
  • crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    My wife ordered wrong venue tickets along time ago.  When I got off work I called ticket master and they refunded my money right away. 
    But that was likely 20 years or so ago, have my doubts it would be so simple these days.  
  • Thanks for all the responses/info. In the end, an admittedly dumb mistake on my part! Looks like there will be a way to get them back in the hands of someone who can actually go.  
    Hope everyone is safe and healthy this holiday season.
    Peace