Are u expected to read every thread to see if maybe someone started something similar?

Would like to know thanks

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,775
    Probably the first page. Sometimes we post the same things at the same time. 
    I miss igotid88
  • If it's on the first page....takes about 5 seconds.
    I'd say that's general etiquette.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • JF116983JF116983 Posts: 176
    Ok thanks I try to look at titles anyways thanks this can close
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Search is a great tool that far too few use.  There is never a need for duplicate threads.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,260
    Was about to say the same thing about search thread. A good idea if you’re going to start something new, but usually the only people called out are when there’s multiple threads on the first page, like EV ticket prices.
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,617
    If I'm making a thread on something that's verified news, I'll do a quick search before I post. If I'm making a thread where I have a specific idea, or statement, I'll do a quick search before I post. If I want to complain, I generally type a bunch of stuff, delete it, and remind myself we're lucky to still have the band around at all :)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • There's already a thread on this.  Please do a search next time.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    There's already a thread on this.  Please do a search next time.
    ~~~~~~^~~~~~lol~~~~~
  • mace1229 said:
    Was about to say the same thing about search thread. A good idea if you’re going to start something new, but usually the only people called out are when there’s multiple threads on the first page, like EV ticket prices.
    The search engine on here is horrible though.  I won't fault anyone for using it and not finding something, lol.

IBTL
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,666
    mace1229 said:
    Or multiple threads after PJ tour on-sale about not getting tickets, TM sucks and related conspiracy theories,  and being gutted.
    mace1229 said:
    The search engine on here is horrible though.  I won't fault anyone for using it and not finding something, lol.

IBTL
    It is. Took me forever to learn to select different search options, like thread titles or “contains” while searching. Which is why people are usually only called out when there’s multiple topics in the first page. I mean, do we really need 4 threads on page 1 complaining about ticket prices, or lack or shows, or lottery rules, or whatever the latest news is?
    U ppl are too quick to judge when I posted there was not one post with title of ticket prices.

I looked a bit last night and saw a thread called capitalism (how am I supposed to know that’s for this). However, I didn’t see anything close to coming up with solutions just lots of complaining. 

I was asking ppl their sentiment on perhaps different prices for good seats versus nose bleeds so all can attend.

Now I recognize the market dictates pricing & don’t fault the band for needing to pay their bills and I also know their bills are higher than mine. These guys have families, property taxes, personal taxes, employees, etc just like everyone the gist of the post was to see if perhaps different prices for different seats was something ppl felt would help be a middle ground. If there is a thread like that, show me how to find it searching what do I need to do?

Anyways thanks for the input and please no more posts just let this thread die. It doesn’t need to be live anymore.

@sea can u please close this thread thank you for your help and patience. Regards.
    JF116983 said:
    U ppl are too quick to judge when I posted there was not one post with title of ticket prices.

I looked a bit last night and saw a thread called capitalism (how am I supposed to know that’s for this). However, I didn’t see anything close to coming up with solutions just lots of complaining. 

I was asking ppl their sentiment on perhaps different prices for good seats versus nose bleeds so all can attend.

Now I recognize the market dictates pricing & don’t fault the band for needing to pay their bills and I also know their bills are higher than mine. These guys have families, property taxes, personal taxes, employees, etc just like everyone the gist of the post was to see if perhaps different prices for different seats was something ppl felt would help be a middle ground. If there is a thread like that, show me how to find it searching what do I need to do?

Anyways thanks for the input and please no more posts just let this thread die. It doesn’t need to be live anymore.

Apologies if you thought I was judging. I didn’t even notice it was you who had posted one of the ticket prices threads, I was just giving examples of how frequently this occurs.The search function should be more user friendly. Wanted to apologize if you took it as judging before we let this die.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,260
    igotid88 said:
    Probably the first page. Sometimes we post the same things at the same time. 
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,010
    It’s a good idea to look beyond the first page of the forum. We also have a search feature that allows for more detailed searches. Thank you for your cooperation.

This discussion has been closed.