I want your old unwearable music shirts!

2»

Comments

• you want only PJ or any bands? obscure canadian bands you've never heard of? LOL
      I'll take any band that I would most likely have heard of.
    Careful … both old and unwearable 

lol well played.  A very young Beiber at that.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    I may have a couple to send your way. Will check tonight
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    I have an old Nirvana shirt that I would send.

• ^^ made me lol
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,694
    mrussel1 said:

😂
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • mrussel1 said:

I always wanted the soccer player Mbappe with MMMM bop above him with the Hanson brothers.
    mrussel1 said:

I always wanted the soccer player Mbappe with MMMM bop above him with the Hanson brothers.
    I don't know what that is, but I'd love to see it! 
  • I have a suitcase with a bunch of old shirts, I’ll try to get back with a list or pictures in a day or two, lol. Is shipment from Canada an issue?
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • I have a suitcase with a bunch of old shirts, I’ll try to get back with a list or pictures in a day or two, lol. Is shipment from Canada an issue?
    If I can still sow them I will not have a problem at all!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,132
    edited December 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't know what that is, but I'd love to see it! 
    Mrrussel meet Mbappe
    Kylian Mbappe - Latest News on PSG footballer - The Sun
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,271
    I know you said you’re making a quilt. But how are you using the shirts? Are they going to be torn up into small pieces or will each shirt be intact?
    Im asking because I have an old Better Than Ezra shirt, but it still in good shape. They are one of my favorite bands, only band I’ve seen live more is PJ. I wore it to my first BTE show in 2000 at the Roxy in Hollywood. Back then they’d hang out and meet the fans. Kevin said it was one of his favorite shirts they put out so I asked them to sign it. They kind of made fun of me saying something like they’ve never signed a shirt while a dude was wearing it before. It was such a great show we got tickets for the next night and knew to bring other stuff to get signed. They’d come by about once a year and I never took anyone to a show who didn’t want to go back next time, they were always so fun.
    Anyway the shirt sits in my dresser and I wear it about once every 5 years. If it’s going to be part of a cool quilt I’d prefer that over it taking up dresser space. But if you’re shredding them to make it, I’ll probably hang onto it.

• mace1229 said:
    I know you said you’re making a quilt. But how are you using the shirts? Are they going to be torn up into small pieces or will each shirt be intact?
    Im asking because I have an old Better Than Ezra shirt, but it still in good shape. They are one of my favorite bands, only band I’ve seen live more is PJ. I wore it to my first BTE show in 2000 at the Roxy in Hollywood. Back then they’d hang out and meet the fans. Kevin said it was one of his favorite shirts they put out so I asked them to sign it. They kind of made fun of me saying something like they’ve never signed a shirt while a dude was wearing it before. It was such a great show we got tickets for the next night and knew to bring other stuff to get signed. They’d come by about once a year and I never took anyone to a show who didn’t want to go back next time, they were always so fun.
    Anyway the shirt sits in my dresser and I wear it about once every 5 years. If it’s going to be part of a cool quilt I’d prefer that over it taking up dresser space. But if you’re shredding them to make it, I’ll probably hang onto it.

I couldn't take that one.  It's too damn cool.  I'd frame it if I were you!

These will be torn up to take the patterns on them so to dismantle that BTE shirt would be abominable.

Thanks for sharing though, that is very , very cool!

I noticed that Kevin flares his V as an homage to the late Eddie Van Halen I guess?
    I haven’t noticed the homage to EVH, where did you see that?
    Anyone who hasn’t seen BTE, I highly recommend. Their usually compared to Gin Blossoms, but they’re so much better, of of them most underrated bands of the 90s and early 2000s. But like PJ, they rarely play together. Like I said we knew to bring stuff to get signed the second night, so I got some album covers and they are framed. So I don’t have a desire to frame this shirt. I wouldn’t want it shredded, but if it was to stay intact it’d make me happy to know it was part of a bigger project.
    Kevin lives in Nashville now and founded some music festival out there (can’t think of the name). Eddie played at it a couple years ago. My brother moved from LA to Tennessean a few months ago, so if Pearl Jam and BTE both play at it next time, looks like my brother will be getting a visit from me.
  • mace1229 said:
    I haven’t noticed the homage to EVH, where did you see that?
    Anyone who hasn’t seen BTE, I highly recommend. Their usually compared to Gin Blossoms, but they’re so much better, of of them most underrated bands of the 90s and early 2000s. But like PJ, they rarely play together. Like I said we knew to bring stuff to get signed the second night, so I got some album covers and they are framed. So I don’t have a desire to frame this shirt. I wouldn’t want it shredded, but if it was to stay intact it’d make me happy to know it was part of a bigger project.
    Kevin lives in Nashville now and founded some music festival out there (can’t think of the name). Eddie played at it a couple years ago. My brother moved from LA to Tennessean a few months ago, so if Pearl Jam and BTE both play at it next time, looks like my brother will be getting a visit from me.
    Look at the way he signed his V.  Looks like the VH logo V.  I could be wrong.
    Van Halen logo and symbol meaning history PNG
    edited December 2021
    Ha, never noticed that. Also now makes me wonder if Weezer had the same thought with their flying W. Never put those together before.
    Which was probably obvious to everyone else.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    I will never not think of Norm MacDonald whenever I hear the name Better Than Ezra. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mace1229 said:
    Ha, never noticed that. Also now makes me wonder if Weezer had the same thought with their flying W. Never put those together before.
    Weezer yes and let's not forget the famous WhataBurger!
    Whataburger - Wikipedia
    I will never not think of Norm MacDonald whenever I hear the name Better Than Ezra. 
    # 2 on the charts... Ezra. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    mrussel1 said:
    # 2 on the charts... Ezra. 
    so simple. so brilliant. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mace1229 said:

I 100% always thought the flying W was inspired by the WWF, not VH.

• mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

I 100% always thought the flying W was inspired by the WWF, not VH.

That's the letter F though...  Not a Flying letter.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,032
    Cool project bump. You doing it yourself?
    I wear my shirts to shreds. I have a DRI shirt I cut after it fell to pieces. It's my precious. Mine!
    I was thinking of safety pinning it to my denim. That's what the kids are doin these days.
  • Loujoe said:
    I wear my shirts to shreds. I have a DRI shirt I cut after it fell to pieces. It's my precious. Mine!
    I was thinking of safety pinning it to my denim. That's what the kids are doin these days.
    Yes!  Do that or applique it!

There are a few ideas I have.  Maybe put some on flannels, blanket.

Have to see how many I can get.

For the record I am not the seamstress, my GF is and she will be helping me!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,958
    Loujoe said:

Good luck, Chris!  Please post a pic when done.  I have a Rubbermaid container full of PJ shirts that I hope to have made into a quilt.  I’d love to see yours when it’s done. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• I have a ton, but it will cost you.
    Remember that RATM ticket I have for you?  Don't make me give it away to someone else!

That escalated quickly

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,032
    Loujoe said:

kind of like that dude Crash. You can make killer custom hoodies too. Interesting. 
    Let's get him some rags asap!
  • I have a ton, but it will cost you.
    Remember that RATM ticket I have for you?  Don't make me give it away to someone else!

That escalated quickly

lol.  I won't share any bourbon w you either when you come if you keep this up.
  • Loujoe said:
    Loujoe said:

kind of like that dude Crash. You can make killer custom hoodies too. Interesting. 
    Let's get him some rags asap!
    Yessir bump!
  • Is color an issue? I have a cream colored The National that I stretched out the neck hole on?