The next album show...

Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,822
edited December 2021 in The Porch
Prove me wrong, but how kick ass would this be?

Corduroy
Given To Fly
Hail, Hail
Daughter (RIFTW/WMA)
Elderly Woman
Untitled
MFC
Go
Red Mosquito
Even Flow
Off He Goes
Nothingman
Do The Evolution
Betterman
Black
Fuckin' Up
...then why not Breath because reasons?
**Rest of show.**

It might blow some minds, especially those of "the serious collector" as Eddie said a few times.
Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
Post edited by Lost In Ohio on

Comments

• Remember how amazing it was when Live on Two Legs came out? Or even before that, coming across something like the Dissident single with LIVE Pearl Jam on it? We're so spoiled now with so much live stuff at our disposal, but man, buying LO2L was a glorious day. The performance of Do The Evolution on that still ranks as my all-time favorite track from any artist. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Remember how amazing it was when Live on Two Legs came out? Or even before that, coming across something like the Dissident single with LIVE Pearl Jam on it? We're so spoiled now with so much live stuff at our disposal, but man, buying LO2L was a glorious day. The performance of Do The Evolution on that still ranks as my all-time favorite track from any artist. 
    I do. No more crap audience bootlegs and ok FM broadcasts! Glorious indeed!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Also, I think one of my all time favorite LPs to put on the turntable! 98' was such a good year! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,540
    I think this is the last PJ LP I want/need. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited December 2021
    then they could release it as a vault. that would be funny. Live on Fourteen Legs. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    Prove me wrong, but how kick ass would this be?

Corduroy
    Given To Fly
    Hail, Hail
    Daughter (RIFTW/WMA)
    Elderly Woman
    Untitled
    MFC
    Go
    Red Mosquito
    Even Flow
    Off He Goes
    Nothingman
    Do The Evolution
    Betterman
    Black
    Fuckin' Up
    ...then why not Breath because reasons?
    **Rest of show.**

It might blow some minds, especially those of "the serious collector" as Eddie said a few times.
    That would be amazing.  Great first set.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Remember how amazing it was when Live on Two Legs came out? Or even before that, coming across something like the Dissident single with LIVE Pearl Jam on it? We're so spoiled now with so much live stuff at our disposal, but man, buying LO2L was a glorious day. The performance of Do The Evolution on that still ranks as my all-time favorite track from any artist. 

I remember listening to SiriusXM many years ago. The show that was playing was one from 1998. They had just finished up Jeremy when Eddie said: "That's an old song, this is a new song" and yeah...good feeling.

I'll admit that the thread was started because today's 2pm show was the one from East Troy 98 when they played MFC...also off Two Legs.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,159
    It’d be epic! Most casual observers wouldn’t have a clue. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • The only downside is that runtime (as on the album) is mere seconds under 72 minutes. Can CDs now do 80? Either way, it wouldn't leave Mike much time for the Even Flow solo. It'd be tight.
  • I would say this is the best live album/bootleg. Do not fuck with it. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,260
    The only downside is that runtime (as on the album) is mere seconds under 72 minutes. Can CDs now do 80? Either way, it wouldn't leave Mike much time for the Even Flow solo. It'd be tight.

Yes, CD's now can do 80.

I remember listening to SiriusXM many years ago. The show that was playing was one from 1998. They had just finished up Jeremy when Eddie said: "That's an old song, this is a new song" and yeah...good feeling.

I'll admit that the thread was started because today's 2pm show was the one from East Troy 98 when they played MFC...also off Two Legs.
    A little trivia on that Do The Evolution though, it IS edited a bit on Live on Two Legs. The performance comes from the L.A. Forum on 07/13/98. The instrumentation is exactly the same on LO2L, and Eddie's vocals are the same for the most part. But the "Wooooooo" at the beginning of the song and Eddie's "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" going into Stone's guitar solo at the end must be pulled from a different performance because they're different (and WAY better) on LO2L when compared to the L.A. Forum vault release. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • demetrios said:
    The only downside is that runtime (as on the album) is mere seconds under 72 minutes. Can CDs now do 80? Either way, it wouldn't leave Mike much time for the Even Flow solo. It'd be tight.

Yes, CD's now can do 80.

That's what I thought.

With that said, on a side note, maybe it's a bit of a shame Metallica never reissued Load with the full version of The Outlaw Torn...but I digress.

A little trivia on that Do The Evolution though, it IS edited a bit on Live on Two Legs. The performance comes from the L.A. Forum on 07/13/98. The instrumentation is exactly the same on LO2L, and Eddie's vocals are the same for the most part. But the "Wooooooo" at the beginning of the song and Eddie's "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" going into Stone's guitar solo at the end must be pulled from a different performance because they're different (and WAY better) on LO2L when compared to the L.A. Forum vault release. 

Hmmm... I knew Even Flow was pulled from two different shows, but DTE would be news to me.
    demetrios said:

Yes, CD's now can do 80.

That's what I thought.

With that said, on a side note, maybe it's a bit of a shame Metallica never reissued Load with the full version of The Outlaw Torn...but I digress.
    full version...? I didn't know the version on the album wasn't the full version. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,822
    edited December 2021
    demetrios said:

Yes, CD's now can do 80.

That's what I thought.

full version...? I didn't know the version on the album wasn't the full version. 

When they were making Load, the record company said the album couldn't go a second past 78:59 without the CDs skipping. As a result the outro jam of Outlaw got chopped.

The full version was released on the Japanese and one of the Euro releases of the Memory single.

https://www.metallica.com/releases/singles/release-4304.html

Considering that streaming sites don't have such limitations, I'm a bit surprised that the full Outlaw wasn't released there...maybe as a bonus track...then again, it's sort of the same version, so maybe as the last song. I'm sure people had their reasons.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on