POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of AMERICAN BANDS - (WEST) ROUND 3

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited November 2021 in Other Music
Ok, with the new 'WEAKEST LINK' I will be staying with music and bands. However this time we will debate the greatest American Band.

Now since there are so many that limiting it to 10 would only cause chaos and confusion. I have decided to spread this 'Weakest Link' out into 4 different Polls. These polls will be identified tournament style as East, South, West, and North. I have tried to keep some cohesion with the band and geographic poll they are placed in, but couldn't do it for all. These polls WILL be occurring at the same time, so you will need to place votes in all 4 polls for each round. I did this so it wouldn't take so long to complete.

Each of the 4 polls will be narrowed down to the final 2, then I will take the 2 from each poll and make a Championship poll with 8 bands.

Alright, so here go. Lets determine the GREATEST AMERICAN BAND. WEST REGION

You are going to pick the band that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) bands with the most votes. We will then move on to Round 4.

The Beach Boys - Eliminated Round 2
Van Halen
The Doors
Eagles - Eliminated Round 1
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Sly & the Family Stone - Eliminated Round 1
Metallica
Guns N' Roses
Grateful Dead - Eliminated Round 2

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of AMERICAN BANDS - (WEST) ROUND 3 62 votes

Van Halen
22%
Spiritual_ChaoscutzmadtowndaveComeToTXpledgeagrievancestatic111Kearn5yGlowGirlRS151862brewdog123BLACK35PapPJ_Soulwilliscummings 14 votes
The Doors
12%
2-feign-reluctanceGibsongoldrushYefaTim Simmonsjjflasheeriepadavejoe159 8 votes
35%
pjhawksmcgruff10AllNiteThingLedbetterman10DukeSpiritmr bunglemfc2006jwhjr17LukinFantbergsDewieCoxAW124797Abe FromanJohnny AbruzzoF Me In The BrainHobbesOffSheGoes35NSLhihobiboultrapig 22 votes
11%
PoncierDW139059Gern Blansten1ThoughtKnownHughFreakingDillondrakeheuer14JPPJ84 7 votes
Metallica
4%
erebusdankindeddiec 3 votes
Guns N' Roses
12%
mickeyratDC29940HesCalledDyerRP112579ed243421Asterisk on the Streetbrianluxtempo_n_groove 8 votes
Post edited by MedozK on

Comments

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2021
    Not the biggest fan of the southern rock sound in general
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Guns N' Roses
    OK now this poll...  oh good grief...  fauggedaboutit!  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    The Doors
    Let’s get the Doors out so I can vote for GNR next!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    The Doors
    Despite the insane amount of time I spend in the Neil thread on here, I never really cared for Crosby or Nash and came really close to voting for CSNY. Happily for me, I care even less for The Doors.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    CSNY was more a side project than a band. Of course Mr. Young's (as Lynyrd Skjynyrd called him) musical output is about 99.3% non-CSNY, not that any "regular" people realize that.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,107
    edited December 2021
    I love The Doors, CCR and CSNY, but no way should Van Halen be voted out before then.  Eddie Van Halen was an innovator, pushed the boundaries of what could be done with the guiar and was an inspiration for generations of guitarists.  Not to mention he's a vastly underrated songwriter, rhythm guitarist and instrumentalist.  Throw in the greatness of Alex Van Halen as a drummer, the fact that they not only survived losing a singer but actually excelled, and Van Halen are head and shoulders above most others in this poll, forget this bracket.  Most people don't dig past the few synth-pop songs, ridiculousness of DLR or cheese of Sammy's love songs, but EVH's greatness is undeniable.
    Post edited by AllNiteThing on
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Guns N' Roses
    goldrush said:
    Despite the insane amount of time I spend in the Neil thread on here, I never really cared for Crosby or Nash and came really close to voting for CSNY. Happily for me, I care even less for The Doors.

I wish I had a video of the CSNY show I saw at Winterland in '71.  It was amazing, especially their rendition of "Down By the River" that night.  At the end of the song, the four of them came together hugging in a tangle of arms and guitars and we in the crowd went berserk.  An amazing show!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    I love The Doors, CCR and CSNY, but no way should Van Halen be voted out before then.  Eddie Van Halen was an innovator and changed inspiration for generations of guitarists.  Not to mention he's a vastly underrated songwriter, rhythm guitarist and instrumentalist.  Throw in the greatness of Alex Van Halen as a drummer, the fact that they not only survived losing a singer but actually excelled, and Van Halen are head and shoulders above most others in this poll, forget this bracket.  Most people don't dig past the few synth-pop songs, ridiculousness or DLR or cheese of Sammy's love songs, but EVH's greatness is undeniable.
    Amen
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young with 21 votes and Van Halen 14 votes have been eliminated in Round 3.
This discussion has been closed.