Options

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of AMERICAN BANDS - (EAST) ROUND 3

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
Ok, with the new 'WEAKEST LINK' I will be staying with music and bands. However this time we will debate the greatest American Band.

Now since there are so many that limiting it to 10 would only cause chaos and confusion. I have decided to spread this 'Weakest Link' out into 4 different Polls. These polls will be identified tournament style as East, South, West, and North. I have tried to keep some cohesion with the band and geographic poll they are placed in, but couldn't do it for all. These polls WILL be occurring at the same time, so you will need to place votes in all 4 polls for each round. I did this so it wouldn't take so long to complete.

Each of the 4 polls will be narrowed down to the final 2, then I will take the 2 from each poll and make a Championship poll with 8 bands.

Alright, so here go. Lets determine the GREATEST AMERICAN BAND. EAST REGION

You are going to pick the band that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) bands with the most votes. We will then move on to Round 4.

The Ramones
Kiss - Eliminated Round 1
Aerosmith
Bon Jovi - Eliminated Round 1
Talking Heads
Steely Dan - Eliminated Round 2
Journey - Eliminated Round 2
Parliament/Funkadelic
The Velvet Underground
The Stooges

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of AMERICAN BANDS - (EAST) ROUND 3 58 votes

The Ramones
6%
YefaDewieCoxKearn5yJohnny Abruzzo 4 votes
Aerosmith
20%
DukeSpiritmfc2006madtowndavepledgeagrievanceTim Simmonsstatic111erebusRS151862dankindAsterisk on the Streetbrianlux1ThoughtKnown 12 votes
Talking Heads
8%
mcgruff102-feign-reluctanceSpiritual_ChaosgoldrushLukinFan 5 votes
Parliament/Funkadeli
32%
Ponciermr bungleGibsonjwhjr17RP112579GlowGirlAW124797eddieceeriepadavejeff2040Hobbestempo_n_grooveOffSheGoes35PJ_SoulHughFreakingDillondrakeheuer14ultrapigwilliscummingsbbiggs 19 votes
The Velvet Underground
18%
Ledbetterman10mickeyratComeToTXtbergsHesCalledDyerDW139059Abe FromanGern BlanstenBLACK35hihobiborossstothers 11 votes
The Stooges
12%
pjhawkscutzDC29940ed243421brewdog123F Me In The BrainNSL 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    Aerosmith
    Remember when dating 14 year olds was ok? Me neither. 
  • Options
    Parliament/Funkadeli
    What?
  • Options
    Aerosmith
    What?
    Surely you know the story. If not, Google away. 
  • Options
    Parliament/Funkadeli
    What?
    Surely you know the story. If not, Google away. 
    No, I didn't know. 
  • Options
    Parliament/Funkadeli
    Jesus. Can't like anyone anymore.
  • Options
    Aerosmith
    I’m not a part of cancel culture… but that whole story is pretty creepy. He has somehow completely gotten away with it. A fair argument could be made that it has nothing to do with the music, I have always had a little trouble distinguishing between the two. 

One of the reasons I gravitated towards bands like Fugazi, PJ, Nirvana in my younger years was because there was a little less macho BS in their brand of rock n roll. 
  • Options
    Parliament/Funkadeli
    I’m not a part of cancel culture… but that whole story is pretty creepy. He has somehow completely gotten away with it. A fair argument could be made that it has nothing to do with the music, I have always had a little trouble distinguishing between the two. 

One of the reasons I gravitated towards bands like Fugazi, PJ, Nirvana in my younger years was because there was a little less macho BS in their brand of rock n roll. 
    Bully for you 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Talking Heads
    Not my jam. Also, that video going around of David Byrne doing that weird thing with his legs hits me like nails
    on a chalkboard for some reason. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    The Velvet Underground
    I find this to be the weakest region. TH are the only ones even worthy of moving on.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Aerosmith

Bully for you 
    Sarcasm noted
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    Talking Heads
    The first 3 or 4 Aerosmith albums are classics. Apart from The Ramones (briefly) I never really got into any of the others on here.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Talking Heads
    dancing david byrne talking heads Jonathan Demme stop making sense GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Parliament/Funkadeli
    What did you put in the search line for that?
  • Options
    Talking Heads
    What did you put in the search line for that?
    www.giphy.com

David Byrne 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Talking Heads
    @OffSheGoes35

album cover parliament GIF by uDiscoverMusic
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Parliament/Funkadeli
     Bring on the next round!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    The Stooges
    Parliament / Funkadelic should have won this bracket.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Parliament/Funkadelic with 19 votes and Aerosmith with 12 votes have been eliminated.
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited December 2021
    Parliament/Funkadeli
    I think instead of having 8 bands for the finals, there should be a round for wildcard bands. Bands that have been mentioned as getting a raw deal (like Pixies and Parliament/Funkadelic), bands that were left out that people mentioned(Black Crowes, My Morning Jacket, Replacements), and a few that MedozK might have remembered since Round One. Then we could have a final with ten bands.
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    Parliament/Funkadeli
    Or maybe a cut down version of that, but it could be fun to have wildcards. Please just consider it.
  • Options
    Parliament/Funkadeli
    The White Stripes...
  • Options
    Parliament/Funkadeli
    It's late in the game, probably too late for the WC thing. Sorry medozK.
  • Options
    No worries. Just hate to change the rules mid-way. @mickeyrat would go ape shit.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,380
    The Ramones
    P/F fans - what album should I check out? I listened to Maggot Brain and the title track was incredible.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Parliament/Funkadeli
    MedozK said:
    No worries. Just hate to change the rules mid-way. @mickeyrat would go ape shit.
    Maybe he would or maybe he would remember that I voted against The Beatles when mrussel1 voted the wrong way and also tried to get PJ_Soul's vote in order to make a difference. I don't know. 
This discussion has been closed.