Options

The Holiday Season 2021

My bride and I have decided that we are going to try our best to have the absolute best holiday Season known to mankind. 
Last year was nothing short of a disaster! I actually boycotted Christmas, and decided to work the entire holiday because Thanksgiving had been so depressing.
This year I plan on going all Clark Griswald, and am going to go all out!

After spending last Thanksgiving at my sister-in-laws house, where everyone was wearing a mask, and my mother-in-law was actually eating her dinner in another room because of fear? I'm thinking there is no way in Hell that this Holiday Season could be any worse, right? Unless of course somebody drops a nuclear bomb on my house! 

So, this past weekend was spent bringing up all the Christmas lights, and holiday decorations up from the basement. I cant put up my 7ft Christmas tree, because my precious little angel kitty kat, Cupcakes, will bring that tree down to the ground in a matter of minutes. So we went out Saturday and purchased a pre-lit 4ft tree, that we decorated with ornaments, and set up on an end table in the living room. It actually looks PERFECT! Cupcakes has decided to sleep under this tree, and not tackle it to the ground.

Yesterday I cooked an 18lb turkey for just the wife and I. It turned out delicious(as always). So her and I now have leftovers to bring to work for the week, and I am also going to make some turkey pot pie(my brides favorite).

Anyway, I truly hope, starting with Thanksgiving, everyone here makes the best of the Holiday season. Go bake some cookies, take the kids sledding, call your folks and tell them you Love them. 

And PLEASE, if you are one of the "I HATE CHRISTMAS" people? Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, please don't respond to this thread. 
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    Good attitude happy holidays! No doubt this year will be better..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I've always liked Christmas, but this year will be fantastic. We're definitely looking forward to spending time with family and I saved up a couple of days off to use over the holiday. Lots of our neighbors already have their lights up and we may set ours up in the next week---we usually do it the day after Thanksgiving. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don’t celebrate it (Jewish), yet I do. It’s my favorite time of the year!