Options

Interactive Van Gogh exhibit

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,761
Wife bought tix for this thing. Her daughters birthday. Really fucking cool.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Comments

• Options

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,867
    I went to that over the summer. It was really cool. 
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,849
    Might have to make the trip with my family soon, heard noting but how cool it is.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Awesome, thanks for sharing. I’m a little bummed I missed this when it came through Detroit. The Postman photo is cool. The DIA has one of the original Postman paintings and a self portrait if I’m not mistaken. Next year the DIA is having a little Van Gough exhibit, I think they’ll be bringing in some other pieces from around the country, I’ll definitely make time for that. My dream would be to go to the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam. I was actually thinking the other day how I would like to travel the U.S and go to all the different art museums that house permanent Van Gogh pieces. Besides the DIA, I’ve seen the permanent pieces in the Chicago Art Institute. Amazing the thousands of different, small, layered brush strokes that make up some of the pieces. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Awesome, thanks for sharing. I’m a little bummed I missed this when it came through Detroit. The Postman photo is cool. The DIA has one of the original Postman paintings and a self portrait if I’m not mistaken. Next year the DIA is having a little Van Gough exhibit, I think they’ll be bringing in some other pieces from around the country, I’ll definitely make time for that. My dream would be to go to the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam. I was actually thinking the other day how I would like to travel the U.S and go to all the different art museums that house permanent Van Gogh pieces. Besides the DIA, I’ve seen the permanent pieces in the Chicago Art Institute. Amazing the thousands of different, small, layered brush strokes that make up some of the pieces. 
    still going on it seems?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Hi! said:
    still going on it seems?

Hmm, it may be. I think that may just be an old link. I looked at dates and thought it was in Oct. I’ll look into  again.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hi! said:
    still going on it seems?

Hmm, it may be. I think that may just be an old link. I looked at dates and thought it was in Oct. I’ll look into  again.

feb mar and apr...

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Hi! said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hi! said:
    still going on it seems?

feb mar and apr...
    Thanks, man. I think I found the different schedules, I’ll have to set a date to go. 

• Options
    Hi! said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hi! said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hi! said:
    still going on it seems?

feb mar and apr...
    Thanks, man. I think I found the different schedules, I’ll have to set a date to go. 

presentation is about 35 minutes long. stay as long as you like. encouraged to move around the space for different perspective and take lots of no flash video and pictures...