Options

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of BRITISH BANDS - ROUND 2

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited November 2021 in Other Music
Ok, so I haven't done one of my 'Weakest Link' polls in Other Music in a long while so I thought I would take this back to where it started with music.

Continuing with Round 2 so we can debate our love of British Bands.

Lets determine the GREATEST BRITISH BAND.

You are going to pick the band that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) bands with the most votes. We will then move on to Round 3.

The Who
Black Sabbath
Queen
The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
The Clash
Radiohead - Eliminated Round 1
Oasis - Eliminated Round 1

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of BRITISH BANDS - ROUND 2 38 votes

The Who
5%
Spiritual_Chaostempo_n_groove 2 votes
Black Sabbath
26%
dr. Mowinckelmfc2006erebusGlowGirlMedozKAsterisk on the StreetbrianluxOffSheGoes3523scidooultrapig 10 votes
Queen
23%
PoncierMuffin The MulecutzpledgeagrievanceRP112579dankindeddiecHobbesjoe159 9 votes
The Rolling Stones
5%
BLACK35eeriepadave 2 votes
Pink Floyd
5%
goldrushBrainofBGA 2 votes
Led Zeppelin
2%
West Coast Dreamgirl 1 vote
The Beatles
2%
mickeyrat 1 vote
The Clash
28%
Of The AggietbergsKearn5yAW124797RS151862Merkin BallerLoujoeF Me In The Brain1ThoughtKnownbbiggsRE658041 11 votes
Post edited by MedozK on

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,916
    edited November 2021
    The Beatles
    psst, nit picky observation, 

You are going to pick the band that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) SONGS with the most votes. We will then move on to Round 3.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Black Sabbath
    mickeyrat said:
    psst, nit picky observation, 

You are going to pick the band that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) SONGS with the most votes. We will then move on to Round 3.

lol, me saving time and copy and pasting...should have proof read better
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,665
    The Clash
    Love these bands.  Don't listen to The Clash, much, these days.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385
    Queen
    I feel I need to have the band I'm voting for on constant rotation as some form of repentance. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,916
    The Beatles
    Hobbes said:
    I feel I need to have the band I'm voting for on constant rotation as some form of repentance. 

you mean voting against?....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Queen
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:

you mean voting against?....
    Yes.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,765
    Black Sabbath
    Five votes for eliminating the Clash already?  'Tis a strange bunch I find myself amongst!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,665
    The Clash
    Hobbes said:
    I like that idea!
  • Options
    The Clash
    brianlux said:
    Five votes for eliminating the Clash already?  'Tis a strange bunch I find myself amongst!
    Music is great that way.  In my current music-listening-space I can't stand idea of voting against Sabbath.  :).    
  • Options
    Black Sabbath
    I'm voting for Black Sabbath, because I don't want Queen to be eliminated. Dang it.
  • Options
    The Clash
    I'm voting for Black Sabbath, because I don't want Queen to be eliminated. Dang it.
    Who would have voted for if not choosing strategically?
  • Options
    Black Sabbath
    Who would have voted for if not choosing strategically?
    Good point. 
  • Options
    Black Sabbath
    brianlux said:
    Music is great that way.  In my current music-listening-space I can't stand idea of voting against Sabbath.  :).    

So true!  That's why I always balk at the notion of "bad music".  I may not like something, but somebody does- even somebody I love dearly like my wife.  Some of the things she likes makes me cringe (and visa versa, LOL), but if it brings here joy, I might avoid it, but I ain't gonna dis it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,968
    Pink Floyd
    Not really my cup of tea. Don’t mind a couple of there songs but not into them at all. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    The Who
    brianlux said:
    ...who would vote for Black Sabbath---
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Black Sabbath
    brianlux said:
    Well, lets see... looks like:
    erebusGlowGirlbrianluxOffSheGoes35ultrapig

Whoa, weird, I just copied and pasted the avatars from the first post and they came out different sizes.  Call it fun with copy and paste, I guess!

• Options
    Black Sabbath
    brianlux said:
    strategic people.  ;)
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,254
    The Clash
    Voting seems pretty accurate so far. I like Sabbath and Queen, but they'll both easily be one of my votes next round. The rest just have more songs I like. Going to get really hard after that though.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    edited November 2021
    The Clash
    tbergs said:
    Voting seems pretty accurate so far. I like Sabbath and Queen, but they'll both easily be one of my votes next round. The rest just have more songs I like. Going to get really hard after that though.
    Likewise, whomever is left between Queen or Sabbath will get my vote next round. Love both bands, but they can’t compare to the other options. 

The Clash this round was a pretty easy choice. I like them & all, but an easy choice nonetheless. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Black Sabbath
     I could have sworn I saw The Rolling Stone possibly losing this round.  Glad I took a second look!  :lol:
    I did look twice though and, indeed, The Clash have nine votes.  Hmmm...  Well, I know you're all being honest.  OK, fine!  :unamused: 

:lol:

• Options
    Queen
    Corny band 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,968
    The Rolling Stones
    Let's just skip to the finals. I think we all know it's gonna be between Zeppelin and The Beatles
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,871
    The Clash
    Sorry clash. Enjoy your stuff but compared to the company you are with. You lose.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,871
    edited November 2021
    The Clash
    brianlux said:
    Satan would like to have a word with you. I'm my advancing years I'm starting to hate all music. Never hate black sabbath. Love you brian, but Sabbath fed my soul for years. amen 
  • Options
    Black Sabbath
    Hobbes said:
    Does that help?

I voted against Ozzy. Why didn't I just skip this round???
  • Options
    Black Sabbath
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:
    Satan would like to have a word with you. I'm my advancing years I'm starting to hate all music. Never hate black sabbath. Love you brian, but Sabbath fed my soul for years. amen 

"In my advancing years, I'm starting to hate all music."
    I take it those are the Devil's words, not yours Loujoe, right?  Only the devil could hate music.  Well, and of course Paul; Westerberg.

• Options
    Queen
    Hobbes said:
    Does that help?

Reinforces the notion that despite my choices, I will forever be a tormented soul. No remorse; no forgiveness. All hope is lost. Doomed to an existence of pain and anguish.

But, I get to listen to awesome tunes along the way. So, to answer your question, it does help.
  • Options
    Black Sabbath
    Hobbes said:
    Hobbes said:
    Does that help?

Reinforces the notion that despite my choices, I will forever be a tormented soul. No remorse; no forgiveness. All hope is lost. Doomed to an existence of pain and anguish.

But, I get to listen to awesome tunes along the way. So, to answer your question, it does help.
    This feels like the only correct answer possible.

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2021
    The Clash
    Queen being out in Rd 2 is stone cold crazy. 
    Sabbath out in Rd 2 would leave a bad taste in my mouth. Kinda like a rat salad. 
  • Options
    Black Sabbath
    Queen being out in Rd 2 is stone cold crazy. 
    Sabbath out in Rd 2 would leave a bad taste in my mouth. Kinda like a rat salad. 
    Yeah, it kinda feels like all of the wild cards are being taken out this round.
This discussion has been closed.