So why didn't they go with present day Pearl jam for Funko?

The nostalgia-look thing is a bit icky, but I am guessing it was be Funko Pop who wanted/demanded to have the "classic grunge image" of the band?

Or has the floodgates of the past opened completely after they brought back the stickman when the Ten Redux was released?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Ten anniversary 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • The past was when they were great.  We love Pearl Jam, obviously, but the world loves/knows Pearl Jam from 90s.  They don't want to see old people.  :lol:   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Casual PJ fans live for Ten.  They just do.  Everyone knows that album.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,939
    The nostalgia-look thing is a bit icky, but I am guessing it was be Funko Pop who wanted/demanded to have the "classic grunge image" of the band?

Or has the floodgates of the past opened completely after they brought back the stickman when the Ten Redux was released?

Funko Pops are all about nostalgia.  It's probably what makes them so popular.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• kaw753kaw753 Posts: 832
    Dare I ask about the drummer situation in the classic funko world?
  • kaw753 said:
    Dare I ask about the drummer situation in the classic funko world?

Ha.  He wears a mask so it could be anyone!  (No idea, just think your question is great.)
  • The past was when they were great.  We love Pearl Jam, obviously, but the world loves/knows Pearl Jam from 90s.  They don't want to see old people.  :lol:   
    Just to be sure I put in a search for "cocoon" on the Funko website...nada zilch zero
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    Why icky? When the Elvis stamps came out people voted for young Elvis
    I miss igotid88
    Just to be sure I put in a search for "cocoon" on the Funko website...nada zilch zero

Try 'blue waffle'
  • Maybe I should've tried "calendar girls" instead...
  • Maybe I should've tried "calendar girls" instead...

2 calendar girls 1 ...?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    edited November 2021
    igotid88 said:
    Why icky? When the Elvis stamps came out people voted for young Elvis
    Because it feels nostalgia act-y.

Nostalgia Act-y icky.

And I, as Jeff Ament, like to look forward.

Also, it made them George Lucas in Matt Cameron as being that Ten-era lineups drummer. Which they would not have to if it was present day.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"