Options

POLL- THE WEAKEST LINK: BEST SCARY MOVIE - ROUND 4

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
With this 'WEAKEST LINK' I decided to start on Halloween a "Scary Movie" theme and have you guys decide on the BEST SCARY MOVIE. I understand that many great scary / horror / thriller films, I just picked some of my favorites that came to mind. Most of the ones that came to mind are older, although I did throw in one fairly recent one. I wish our polls allowed for more than 10 choices. If you haven't seen all these take today to binge as many as you can. So, pick the film that you think is the WEAKEST LINK from the ones provided.
Again, thanks to everyone who plays.

Now to the FINAL FOUR to determine the BEST SCARY MOVIE from the list provided.

You are going to pick the film that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) movie with the most votes. We will then move on to the FINALS.

Psycho (1960)
The Exorcist (1973)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) - Eliminated Round 3
The Hills Have Eyes (1977) - Eliminated Round 1
Halloween (1978)
Dawn of the Dead (1978) - Eliminated Round 2
Alien (1979)
The Thing (1982) - Eliminated Round 2
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - Eliminated Round 3
The Conjuring (2013) - Eliminated Round 1

POLL- THE WEAKEST LINK: BEST SCARY MOVIE - ROUND 4 20 votes

Psycho (1960)
55%
hedonistPoncierMayDay10BIGDaddyWilGern BlanstenBLACK35eeriepadaveJojoRicebbiggsMatts3221West Coast Dreamgirl 11 votes
The Exorcist (1973)
5%
Spiritual_Chaos 1 vote
Halloween (1978)
15%
dankindbrianluxHobbes 3 votes
Alien (1979)
25%
Ledbetterman10mfc2006HesCalledDyerF Me In The BrainOffSheGoes35 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    Alien (1979)
     :open_mouth:  S_C voted against Freddy and The Exorcist, this is a very surprising poll.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Halloween (1978)
    Whoa! Alien is the scariest out of these to me, and it’s already getting crushed. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Alien (1979)
    dankind said:
    Whoa! Alien is the scariest out of these to me, and it’s already getting crushed. 
    I put it on the other day and it started off so slowly ...ended up changing it.
    Great movie.
    Exorcist scared the crap out of me when I first watched it.  Gotta be the top one, for me.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The Exorcist (1973)
     :open_mouth:  S_C voted against Freddy and The Exorcist, this is a very surprising poll.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Alien (1979)

:lol:
  • Options
    Alien (1979)
    dankind said:
    Great movie.
    Exorcist scared the crap out of me when I first watched it.  Gotta be the top one, for me.
    We could be horror movie buddies. 👍
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Alien (1979)
    dankind said:
    Great movie.
    Exorcist 2, weak.
    Exorcist 3, surprised to really like.

Did you watch either of them?
  • Options
    The Exorcist (1973)
    dankind said:
    Great movie.
    Exorcist 2, weak.

Exorcist 2, boring shit
    Exorcist 3, great-great-great movie.

Exorcist: Dominion, don't remember it
    Exorcist: The Beginning. Renny Harlin direcited Elm Street part 4 so he gets a pass. Also, Stellan Skarsgård and Izabella Scorupco are swedes.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    Halloween (1978)
    dankind said:

Agreed!  Scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it.  Was in a theater, so that amped up the fright level, for sure.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Alien (1979)
    dankind said:
    Great movie.
    Exorcist 2, weak.

Exorcist 2, boring shit

Exorcist: The Beginning. Renny Harlin direcited Elm Street part 4 so he gets a pass. Also, Stellan Skarsgård and Izabella Scorupco are swedes.
    Never saw Dominion nor Beginning

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited November 2021
    The Exorcist (1973)
    dankind said:
    Great movie.
    Exorcist 2, weak.

Exorcist 2, boring shit

Never saw Dominion nor Beginning

If you know the story of them (it's the "same" film) they're quite interesting to watch. Or at least they were when they were released. Haven't seem them since

Here is redlettermedia gushing about Exorcist III:

https://youtu.be/NIC6D77YYgY
  • Options
    Alien (1979)
    dankind said:
    Great movie.
    Exorcist 2, weak.

Haven't seen the second one. Watched the third one, because S_C told me to, and I was pleasantly surprised as well. Probably won't bother with the second one, since you both gave it a thumbs down.
  • Options
    The Exorcist (1973)
    Just because of your Exorcist talk I got stuck on this instead of re-watching Tintin

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    would appreciate knowing how psycho moved on while also getting the same number of votes as nightmare?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The Exorcist (1973)
    mickeyrat said:
    would appreciate knowing how psycho moved on while also getting the same number of votes as nightmare?
    A vote sneaked in between closing the the voting period and the thread actually being closed?
  • Options
    Alien (1979)
    Just because of your Exorcist talk I got stuck on this instead of re-watching Tintin

What's Tintin?
  • Options
    The Exorcist (1973)

What's Tintin?

• Options
    Alien (1979)
    I liked TinTin 

• Options
    Alien (1979)
    Oh Edgar Wright, I bet I would like it.
  • Options
    The Exorcist (1973)
    You gonna go watch "Last night in Soho" ?
  • Options
    Alien (1979)
    I haven't even watched the trailer yet. Haven't even watched the trailer for The French Dispatch yet. And yes, I am ashamed of myself. Have you watched Last Night in Soho?
  • Options
    Alien (1979)
    Gonna watch the trailers now, btw...
  • Options
    Alien (1979)
    Both of the movies look interesting, but I'm going to wait until both are available to stream. 
  • Options
    The Exorcist (1973)
    I haven't even watched the trailer yet. Haven't even watched the trailer for The French Dispatch yet. And yes, I am ashamed of myself. Have you watched Last Night in Soho?
    French Dispatch I have seen. Last Night in Soho hasn't opened here yet.

Now I am watching Tintin.

• Options
    Alien (1979)
    Which one did you enjoy more, The French Dispatch or TinTin?
  • Options
    The Exorcist (1973)
    Tintin

What is up with people in here writing "TinTin"
  • Options
    Alien (1979)
    Not fans of the comics so writing how I thought it was spelled?

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited November 2021
    The Exorcist (1973)
    Not fans of the comics so writing how I thought it was spelled?

Thought maybe it was spelled differently in the US. Like the dogs name being "Snowy" over there.

Is Tintin something kids read in the US growing up? Like over here... 

• Options
    Alien (1979)
    I never saw as a kid but I know elsewhere it is a thing.
  • Options
    Alien (1979)
    Tintin

What is up with people in here writing "TinTin"
    We're doing it to mess with you...like when you type "okey." :wink:
This discussion has been closed.