Fred Armisen impersonates different punk strumming styles (Pearl Jam referenced)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,675
    Love that the Roots just pick it up and run with it as they throw to commercial.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,611
    I thought it was pretty great, except that Fallon thinks he needs to sing along.  
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,482
    That was great!
    I think Fred is a Genius. 

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Fred really is a genius. He did a set at Newport Folk this past July and he also did "Guitar Styles from Around the Globe" and it was both funny and incredible how much he knows about music and how much it feels like he nails the different countries and main styles of music.

He also had 2 funny skits on being a session musician in certain recording sessions for famous songs, like one was definitely Phill Collins "In the Air Tonight" and when the drums come in and he says funny stuff like "It feels like there wasn't good communication in the recording studio and this musician didn't know what was going to happen and had to keep up" then he plays the song and drums along to it and looks confused and it's just so funny.

He's so talented and SO funny!

I'm a giant fan of the Clash and there's not a whole lot about them that gets put out that doesn't come across my radar eventually, but this skit is HYSTERICAL and it's no small thing that he got 2 of the 4 main members of the Clash to go along with it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0E_vFeDbNE

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I missed a specific PJ reference. I heard him reference the Pacific NW. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Fred is great
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • kramer73 said:
    I thought it was pretty great, except that Fallon thinks he needs to sing along.  
    Exactly.

"he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    edited November 2021
    Listen to his singing at that moment. That is not a Chris Cornell or Kurt Cobain impression.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,691
    mfc2006 said:
    Fred is great
    He is awesome. Have you ever watched Documentary Now! That show is brilliant.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Listen to his singing at that moment. That is not a Chris Cornell or Kurt Cobain impression.
    Oh, gotcha. I get the nod. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I missed a specific PJ reference. I heard him reference the Pacific NW. 
    Oh, gotcha. I get the nod. 
    I think it's more of a Collective Soul reference (although not necessarily PNW), sounds like that one song they have.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020