Options

Just had BEST ticket buying experience in YEARS!

JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
I know the demand for Pearl Jam tix is always gigantic, and that some systems/platforms/arrangements other artists make may not work for the scale PJ has to operate at.  That said, I was just in the presale for Brandi Carlile tix and it was AMAZING! There were a lot of fraud prevention factors, they communicated super clearly with fans in the directions about what would happen, but most of all the platform her team used (no idea what it's called but the tix came from "ticketstoday" I think?) was so simple, you had to make choices about which kinds of tickets you wanted and you either got them or you didn't. And if you DID get them, you got specific tix that you had 14 min to buy, no one else could snatch them from your cart before you finished your transaction.

I say all this to say PJ TenClub folks, PLEASE at least find out from Brandi Carlile's management what their experience was of this system and if it's a system and arrangement that is even possible scale-wise for PJ to use.  It really, really was a pleasure, even when I was striking out for the 2nd show I tried for, it was simple and clear (& eventually I got those tix too).

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Just realized I should have been clearer - I do appreciate the TenClub and my ticket buying experiences from TenClub have been really great mostly. I just realized my post could sound like my TenClub experience is the opposite of how I described Brandi Carlile's, and that isn't true.  PJ has a great fanclub system! And I've been with it a loooong time even though my current # doesn't make it seem so. I cite PJs as one of the best I've experienced over the years.

I just felt like there was an ease and a visibility to this system that really worked for me and that I wanted to share news on.  But @Santos L. Halper & TenClub Team, I know you work your tails off to make the onsales be as fair, secure, and accessible as possible, and I also know the demand is NUTS! So for all that you do I'm eternally grateful! Just wanted to share some other details that may or may not be useful to you guys.

Thanks!
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Glad to hear it OP! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,646
    Demand might have something to do with it. 

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    JH6056 said:
    I know the demand for Pearl Jam tix is always gigantic, and that some systems/platforms/arrangements other artists make may not work for the scale PJ has to operate at.  That said, I was just in the presale for Brandi Carlile tix and it was AMAZING! There were a lot of fraud prevention factors, they communicated super clearly with fans in the directions about what would happen, but most of all the platform her team used (no idea what it's called but the tix came from "ticketstoday" I think?) was so simple, you had to make choices about which kinds of tickets you wanted and you either got them or you didn't. And if you DID get them, you got specific tix that you had 14 min to buy, no one else could snatch them from your cart before you finished your transaction.

I say all this to say PJ TenClub folks, PLEASE at least find out from Brandi Carlile's management what their experience was of this system and if it's a system and arrangement that is even possible scale-wise for PJ to use.  It really, really was a pleasure, even when I was striking out for the 2nd show I tried for, it was simple and clear (& eventually I got those tix too).
    I believe that TicketsToday was started and might still be owned by Dave Matthew's managers.
    The PJ Seattle '18 tickets were handled by TicketsToday.
  • Options
    Glad to hear it OP! 
    Thank you - super excited!
  • Options
    JH6056 said:

I believe that TicketsToday was started and might still be owned by Dave Matthew's managers.
    The PJ Seattle '18 tickets were handled by TicketsToday.
    That's interesting! Do you know how it went that time? Was it only Seattle tix they did in 2018 or they did the tour?  I got Seattle tix but I don't remember the process being very different than say 2016 (but maybe it's the pandemic brain that isn't remembering!).

Guessing the fact that TicketsToday may not have handled what would have been the 2020 tour means it wasn't a good match in 2018?

I didn't buy tix in 2020, how did the process go then compared to 2018?