Options

The Jewel Is In The Lotus

jgmochjgmoch Fayetteville, NC Posts: 79
edited October 2021 in The Porch

Om Mani Padme Hum @mdgsolo

@mdgsolo paid it forward by sending me a three-month gift card for Spotify. He also sent me a personalized playlist for meditation and healing. An easter-egg containing links to the songs and playlists that we both found to be especially helpful or inspiring can be found at the end of this thread. 

At a time when I've lost everyone in my life except my parents and Ten Club, because of the accident, or, because maybe I'm a shitty person and karma is now revealing that to me...... I dunno..... I just wanted to say here, on The Porch, how much @mdgsolo gesture of kindness means to me. Ears are overwhelmed with joy! So much better than living in silence, or worse, watching reruns of old spaghetti-Westerns on local-access cable. I hope Karma returns grace upon you! Really enjoying, thus far!

It's often times difficult to scribe feelings of gratitude into tangible and meaningful compositions, without lament. So, rather than express 1000 words in order to lure or mislead your imagination; I'll just leave pictures and music to express "a thousand words of appreciation." Thank you, Matt. 

Sunshine On My Mind -- Asheville, NC -- August 2017
"A single drone bee working, tirelessly against the sands of time, to sustain the future of life before its own existence vanishes within a sea of gold."

[Song -- Artist]

Playlist #1 [J]:  https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Np7x6nrs5rf6I4u57SsUP?si=71a8b57db1c2451e

Wild West -- Lissie
"There's a world where you can. All that you lost, you'll get back. All that you want, you can have."
"I've been livin' with the thought that I'll be fine, fine." 

Simple Song -- The Shins
"I know that things can really get rough, when you go it alone. Don't go thinking you gotta be tough."

Best Days -- Lissie
"If the best days that I know are just in the past, I'm not gonna last forever. I want more best days."

Put It There -- Paul McCartney
"I don't care if it weighs a ton. As long as you and I are here, put it there."

Slow Burn -- Kacey Musgraves 
"Old soul waitin' my turn. I know a few things, but I've still got a lot to learn."

Only She Knows -- Frankie Lee
"Purple lilies in a paper bag. Mendocino Independence Day."
"Only she knows. My love is where the garden grows."

Weird Ways -- Strand of Oaks
"And, the scene isn't my scene anymore. I dug too deep and was crawling on the floor. It's what you make and the people you love."
"Keep racing ahead, there's no value in the score."

Other Side -- Just Like Honey
"Dreamless sleep, instead. Turning on a restless bed."
"What's on the other side? My pains will be justified...?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Playlist #2 [Matt]:  https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4ocuJyPdy80YqnZrIn89ih?si=e081c4b170ac405d 

In The Morning -- Built To Spill
"In the morning, feeling half right. Ignore my condition. Just an isolated incident."

Breathing Underwater -- Metric
"I'm the blade, you're the knife. I'm the wind, you're the kite."
"Is this my life? Am I breathing underwater?"

Force Of Nature -- Pearl Jam
"One man stands on the edge of the ocean. A beacon on dry land. Eyes above the horizon, in the dark before the dawn."

In The Background -- Third Eye Blind
"Words they come and memories all repeat, I lift your head while they change the hospital sheets."
"I felt you long after we were through. And the plans I make still have you in them."
"And I'm hanging on your words like I always used to do, I only feel for you....I only know this because I carry you around,
in the background"

Waiting For The Miracle -- Leonard Cohen
"There were lots of invitations. I know you sent me some. But, I was waiting on the miracle to come."
"I don't believe you'd like it. You wouldn't like it here. There ain't no entertainment, and the judgements are severe."

The Rest Of My Life -- Less Than Jake
"Late last night, I made my plans. It was the only thing I felt I could do. Said, goodbye, to my best friend."
"I feel like letting go. And, every second that goes by, I'm screaming out for a second try."
"If you won't forgive me the rest of my life, let me apologize while I'm still alive....."

Walk -- Foo Fighters
"I think I lost my way. Getting good at starting over every time that I return. Learning to walk, again."
"I never want to die....."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bonus #3 [Rest & Recovery]:  https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7f3msX5ubKHJEN6riSIllj?si=fc3681bccf424445

Don't You Give Up On Me -- Lissie
"Am I only a ghost 'cause what I feel the most is me."
"What kind of world will it be when I wake up from this dream? I hear you call so far away, just keep me close when I'm afraid."

Almost Lover -- A Fine Frenzy
"Goodbye, my almost lover. Goodbye, my hopeless dream. I'm trying not to think about you. Can't you just let me be?"
"So you're gone and I'm haunted. I'll bet you are just fine. Did I make it that easy to walk right in and out of my life?"

Come On, Come Out -- A Fine Frenzy
"A spot in the shade where oranges fall. A spot in the shade away from it all."
"Stopping the time, rushing and waiting, leave it behind. Shifting and shaping, keep it inside. It all goes by."

Eason -- Davis John Patton
"Running wild, not heading home. Await the call or the streetlight glow"
"We were kids out in the open, with our fears under the horizon. Breathing fresh air out at Eason. A freedom we lost somehow."

Everywhere I Go -- Lissie
"Danger will follow me, everywhere I go. Angels will call on me, and take me to my home. Well this tired mind just wants to be led home."

Field Of Dreams -- Skagit, WA -- April 2018

Peace and love. Sincerely.

-John
Temple_Of_Belltown
Post edited by jgmoch on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Good stuff! ❤️
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jgmochjgmoch Fayetteville, NC Posts: 79
    Good stuff! ❤️
    Hey! Hope you're well! Good to see you again! 
    Temple_Of_Belltown
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    I saw the name of the post and it peaked my curiosity but I didn't realize it was a 'thank you'.  I'm glad you've found some healing in that music.  I know music has been a huge comfort and rescue for me through some very difficult times.  And you're welcome, John!  Just keep on healing and shining your light!