Options

POLL- THE WEAKEST LINK: STEPHEN KING MOVIES - ROUND 4

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited October 2021 in All Encompassing Trip
Now on to ROUND 4
With this 'WEAKEST LINK' I decided to go with the spirit of "Halloween" and decide on the BEST STEPHEN KING MOVIE. I understand that many great films have been adapted from King's works. I purposely left off three of my favorite King adaptions, Stand by Me (1986), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), and The Green Mile (1999). I just didn't feel that these fell into the theme I was looking for. So, pick the film that you think is the WEAKEST LINK from the ones provided.   Again, thanks to everyone who plays.

Now to the 3rd Round to determine the BEST of these Stephen King films.

You are going to pick the film that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) movie with the most votes. We will then move on to the FINALS.

Carrie (1976)
The Shining (1980)
Creepshow (1982) - Eliminated Round 2
Cujo (1983) - Eliminated Round 2
The Dead Zone (1983) - Eliminated Round 2
Christine (1983) - Eliminated Round 2
Children of the Corn (1984) - Eliminated Round 1
Maximum Overdrive (1986) - Eliminated Round 1
Pet Sematary (1989)
Misery (1990)

POLL- THE WEAKEST LINK: STEPHEN KING MOVIES - ROUND 4 20 votes

Carrie (1976)
10%
JojoRiceMatts3221 2 votes
The Shining (1980)
20%
MayDay10YefaBLACK35West Coast Dreamgirl 4 votes
Pet Sematary (1989)
45%
hedonistPoncierdankindGern BlanstenbrianluxHobbestempo_n_grooveOffSheGoes3523scidoo 9 votes
Misery (1990
25%
mfc2006mickeyrateeriepadaveF Me In The Brainbbiggs 5 votes
Post edited by MedozK on

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,720
    Pet Sematary (1989)
    R.I.P. Pet Cemetery?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Pet Sematary (1989)
    Again, Herman Munster made the film.

Book was so much better. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Pet Sematary (1989)
    Decent movie...the flashback scene when Gage is hit was done very well 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    The Shining (1980)
    I'm in a minority, but I'm not a huge fan of The Shining (Kubrick movie)

I thought it was such a strong book by King.  The movie took the main elements of the story and took it right off the rails and told an alternate story.  The main character was fundamentally changed for the worse. Most of the best/creepy scares in the hotel were omitted just so we can see Jack Nicholson open his eyes wide, smile, and look insane for most of the run-time.   
    In the novel, the hotel was the antagonist, in the movie, Jack was the antagonist, or at least its hard not to think he was a monster to begin with.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    Misery (1990
    I look forward to the results next month
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I look forward to the results next month
    I know. Can't wait. Thanks for playing.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Misery (1990
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited October 2021
    Pet Sematary (1989)
    MedozK, did you just forget Silver Bullet or have you just not seen that film? Gary Busey, man, Gary Busey. 
  • Options
    MedozK, did you just forget Silver Bullet or have you just not seen that film? Gary Busey, man, Gary Busey. 
    No, I have seen it. These were just the 10 that came to mind first. Limiting to 10 choices makes it tough sometimes.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880
    Misery (1990
    MayDay10 said:

I thought it was such a strong book by King.  The movie took the main elements of the story and took it right off the rails and told an alternate story.  The main character was fundamentally changed for the worse. Most of the best/creepy scares in the hotel were omitted just so we can see Jack Nicholson open his eyes wide, smile, and look insane for most of the run-time.   
    In the novel, the hotel was the antagonist, in the movie, Jack was the antagonist, or at least its hard not to think he was a monster to begin with.

@PJ_Soul is a huge fan of the Kubrick film
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Pet Sematary (1989)
    MayDay10 said:

@PJ_Soul is a huge fan of the Kubrick film  
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Pet Sematary (1989) and Misery (1990) have been eliminated in Round 4
This discussion has been closed.