PJ Tattoos?

Comments

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Abe Froman wrote:
    megatron wrote:
    that's pretty funny. once again i'm not sharing on here anymore :geek:
    Hey megatron, I love the new logo as a tat. I immediately thought what a cool tattoo that would be when I first saw it at PJ20. Don't listen to anybody's negative BS. It's a kick ass logo and I think it would translate really well into a kick ass tattoo. 8-)

thanks. i still might do it. but may tweek it. sooo broke right now.
  • LA98 wrote:
    IMAG0165.jpg

Adding my tattoo to this thread, a tribute to the best PJ song ever, the song that pulled me out of a deep, dark hole that I'd been in... The stars represent two miscarriages. I'd been listening to Black on repeat for days at a time, and it inspired me to get this. It's been so comforting to me.

wow that's a beautiful tattoo

i'm sorry for what happened
  • mrs_vedder wrote:
    I had this done today.

tattoo006-1.jpg
    wolkenlos wrote:

4586829906_271f1b762e_o.jpg

These are two of my favourites. Beautiful.

I've been considering a PJ tattoo for years, but I haven't been able to settle on something. I don't have any tattoos, so I really want to be sure. I like tattoos, but it's a big decision for a tattoo virgin. :)
  • Three years ago today, my father passed away in a car accident, and I read the lyrics to Man of the Hour as part of his eulogy because he was our "Big Fish". Just got this tattoo done on Friday. Miss you Dad.
    brad%20151b.jpg
    LA98 wrote:
    IMAG0165.jpg

Adding my tattoo to this thread, a tribute to the best PJ song ever, the song that pulled me out of a deep, dark hole that I'd been in... The stars represent two miscarriages. I'd been listening to Black on repeat for days at a time, and it inspired me to get this. It's been so comforting to me.

I'm sorry for the reasons behind the tattoos, but they're beautiful and a touching way to memorialize your loved ones.
  • Cardinal wrote:
    Your body...I have a bunch of PJ tats and there just isnt anything artful about that image. Way to heavy for me...there must be something better from PJ20 than this for you??

so only the ones YOU have tattooed on yourself qualify as artful? :roll: why would even consider that commenting like that might help the person's experience? think before you type next time.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • wolkenlos wrote:

4586829906_271f1b762e_o.jpg

These are two of my favourites. Beautiful.

I've been considering a PJ tattoo for years, but I haven't been able to settle on something. I don't have any tattoos, so I really want to be sure. I like tattoos, but it's a big decision for a tattoo virgin. :)

i know...the perfect foto to close the euro tour video :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlTOnfrr7BQ
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Tamashii wrote:
    Hi guys!

I'm planning to get a PJ tattoo on my fore-arm. I want it to spell "Spin The Black Circle", written in Eddie's handwriting. It just says everything, I want to have in there... my love to music, my love to PJ - but it's not too easy to understand for everybody.

Does anybody have an idea where I can get this writing from? I searched probably the whole internet, but couldn't find it. I know, I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where.

Help! ;)

Thank you!!
    Sorry for quoting myself!

Does anybody have an idea, where to find "Spin The Black Circle" in Eddie's handwriting?

I'm so impressed by all the tattoos. Great pieces of art, really!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,583
    JJ42005 wrote:

I want that same one....only in blue :)
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,383
    The first one is on the back of my right calf and has lyrics from my favorite song!!

2146778090040909838S425x425Q85.jpg

I got this one on the front of my left leg and it was done in 1 4 hour seating. I've got several tattoos but man that hurt like hell but love it!!! By the way if anyone happens to have a special edtion of that poster (the one that is signed and numbered to 10) and wants to get rid of it I would be your new best friend!!

2104359690040909838S425x425Q85.jpg

2024945250040909838S425x425Q85.jpg

2291481740040909838S425x425Q85.jpg
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,862
    The first one is on the back of my right calf and has lyrics from my favorite song!!

I got this one on the front of my left leg and it was done in 1 4 hour seating. I've got several tattoos but man that hurt like hell but love it!!! By the way if anyone happens to have a special edtion of that poster (the one that is signed and numbered to 10) and wants to get rid of it I would be your new best friend!!

very, very, very, very nice work! :mrgreen: :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The first one is on the back of my right calf and has lyrics from my favorite song!!

from the best i have in facebook albums.. :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,665

Those are both awesome, man he or she did a great job. They look really sweet :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • I just want to weigh in on the stickman tattoo. I can see why some would feel it isn't 'original' enough...IMHO it's like wearing your favorites teams logo. Yeah it's everywhere and yes everyone knows what it means, which to me is what makes it special. Kind of like a very loud and proud shout out to PJ. I wanted to get the peacock tattoo, worked on making a few design changes an so on, So when I have the final design I showed it to a friend (before the tattoo) and her response was 'oh nice peacock'. :?

So while some of us would know what it is...most outside our community wouldn't and I want people to know, with out a doubt, my tattoo is for PEARL JAM. So back to the drawing board for me...hopefully one day soon I will have my tattoo to post here.
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,017
    http://fuckyeahgirlswithtattoos.tumblr. ... o-silveira

Just seen this one, says PJ to me in a big way without actually saying it...or am I crazy?
    Nature drunk and High
    Spags wrote:
    http://fuckyeahgirlswithtattoos.tumblr.com/post/13402928245/flavio-silveira

Just seen this one, says PJ to me in a big way without actually saying it...or am I crazy?

Looks kinda like the owl from the poster of the 09 Toronto show, Have to check when I go home later. But its the first thing that popped into my mind
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • BLACK35 wrote:
    Spags wrote:

Looks kinda like the owl from the poster of the 09 Toronto show, Have to check when I go home later. But its the first thing that popped into my mind

Yeah, this style of owl is pretty common among tattoos IMO. I know of a girl who has a very similar one to this. We were on holidays and she saw my owl (Toronto 09 klausen) tattoo and we had a long talk about them...very nice looking art indeed.
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Spags wrote:

Yeah, this style of owl is pretty common among tattoos IMO. I know of a girl who has a very similar one to this. We were on holidays and she saw my owl (Toronto 09 klausen) tattoo and we had a long talk about them...very nice looking art indeed.

Well its not the owl from the poster anyways, its blue and kind of evil looking :lol: I just remeber an owl holding a key
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • So thought I would jump in with another PJ Tattoo. My first tattoo, it's a line from inside job, the handwriting was sampled from the gauranteed lyrics, with the exception of the capital H that the artist came up with.

Its "How I choose to feel, is how I am" the length of my left fore arm. Sorry for the picture quality was taken with my iphone the night that I got it done.

img0675gj.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • I met Eddie here in Edmonton, Alberta in September, and he got to see my given to fly tattoo! Said he was proud of it and one of the better ones that he has seen! Pretty neat.
  • pyblove wrote:
    I met Eddie here in Edmonton, Alberta in September, and he got to see my given to fly tattoo! Said he was proud of it and one of the better ones that he has seen! Pretty neat.
    That's awesome! Do you have a pic?
  • pyblove wrote:
    I met Eddie here in Edmonton, Alberta in September, and he got to see my given to fly tattoo! Said he was proud of it and one of the better ones that he has seen! Pretty neat.
    That's awesome! Do you have a pic?
  • He didnt want pictures taken, and my guess is there were about 100 people in the room, he got up with Mudhoney, played Kick Out The Jams, and probably drank alot of Canadian beer like the rest of us do haha. Said he was very proud of my tattoo, and took the time to talk to me while he smoked his cigarrette. I feel blessed. I will never forget that night.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    pyblove wrote:
    He didnt want pictures taken, and my guess is there were about 100 people in the room, he got up with Mudhoney, played Kick Out The Jams, and probably drank alot of Canadian beer like the rest of us do haha. Said he was very proud of my tattoo, and took the time to talk to me while he smoked his cigarrette. I feel blessed. I will never forget that night.

ummmm... pretty sure they meant a pic of your tat
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    How long does getting a stickman tattoo take? I don't want to hear about non-original, etc. I like the stickman, and have wanted one for years, don't really care who else has or doesn't have it, and I just may get one but I have to plan my time.

Size-wise, I'm thinking a stickman that would fit inside a 2 inch by 2 inch square, so not huge.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    JaneNY wrote:
    How long does getting a stickman tattoo take? I don't want to hear about non-original, etc. I like the stickman, and have wanted one for years, don't really care who else has or doesn't have it, and I just may get one but I have to plan my time.

Size-wise, I'm thinking a stickman that would fit inside a 2 inch by 2 inch square, so not huge.

I wouldn't think that a 2" x 2" black stickman would take any longer than an hour at the most.
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Thanks Pamela0222 for the answer!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    JaneNY wrote:

i wouldn't be surprised if your tattoo artist heavily suggests you go a little bigger. as you get older, smaller tattoos tend to "blur" (if that makes sense) as your body changes.

i got the ape/man design a few years ago and originally wanted it a little smaller, and he made the same suggestion to go a tad bit bigger.
  • RideRickRideRick Posts: 703
    JaneNY wrote:

Try to find the best tattoo-artist you can get, don't get cheap on money with tattoos.
    It will be forever on your body so it better been done by somebody who is excellent with lining.
    Check some tattooforums in your area to find out who is good and who is worser then worse 8-)
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    agree about the small thing...the star I have on my back was going to be much smaller initially, but those tend to blur and when you're further away you'll just see something like a stain.

as for PJ tats, don't have any yet, but I already have something planned (a wave + lyrics)...just not sure if I should get it on my wrist, or on my upper arm. I'd have more space on my arm, but I've never been a big fan of tats there on girls...thoughts?
  • luanisluanis Posts: 159
    I have scheduled a tat for 2012 that will include a verse taken from Release, it will be incorporated in a larger design that will include a treble clef :)
    Pearl Jam:
    Restelo Stadium - May 23rd 2000 ; Pavilhao Atlantico - Sep 4th 2006 ; Passeio Maritimo Alges - Jun 8th 2007 ; Optimus Alive! - Jul 10th 2010 ; NOS Alive - Jul 14th 2018

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Sudoeste Festival, Zambujeira do Mar - Aug 3rd 2012 ; Super Bock Super Rock, Meco - Jul 18th 2014
    _____
    Next?