ISO Queens of the Stone Age Chuck Sperry 2005

KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,112

Comments

• KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,112
    ISO this Chuck Sperry/Ron Donovan Firehouse poster. I was at the show at the House of Blues in Cleveland on this tour. When we parked the car in Cleveland, we were looking down the street for the venue. Didn’t see it. Asked a guy where the House of Blues was. He pointed us in the right direction and off we went. That guy was Troy from Queens of the Stone Age. 
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 397
    Whoa never saw this poster before. There’s a show print by Jermaine Rogers from that CLE show I do have. Also the night Lanegan was kicked out of the band. “If you see a bum give him a dollar, it might be Mark Lanegan.”
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,079
    edited October 2021
    disregard
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Curse you Sperry for making such beautiful art! Haha! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Mercury said:
    Whoa never saw this poster before. There’s a show print by Jermaine Rogers from that CLE show I do have. Also the night Lanegan was kicked out of the band. “If you see a bum give him a dollar, it might be Mark Lanegan.”
    I have the Rogers print! I remember some girl next to me was excited to see Mark Lanegan. And then he wasn’t there. And there was that comment from Josh haha
  • KM73780 said:
    ISO this Chuck Sperry/Ron Donovan Firehouse poster. I was at the show at the House of Blues in Cleveland on this tour. When we parked the car in Cleveland, we were looking down the street for the venue. Didn’t see it. Asked a guy where the House of Blues was. He pointed us in the right direction and off we went. That guy was Troy from Queens of the Stone Age. 
    How great is it that you go see a band and not even know the person you are talking to is in it, lol.

Bump!
    KM73780 said:
    How great is it that you go see a band and not even know the person you are talking to is in it, lol.

Bump!
    Well to be fair, there was a bit of a blizzard going on (weird because it was April) so we were all bundled up in our winter gear and you know as soon as we walked away we were all like “uhhhhhh that was Troy wasn’t it?” “Son of a bitch that was Troy!” And then we looked back and he had disappeared into the snow in the opposite direction. Good times. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    edited October 2021
    Lanegan was kicked out of the band? I had no idea. I assumed he just left on his own accord. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• KM73780 said:
    KM73780 said:

Bump!
    Well to be fair, there was a bit of a blizzard going on (weird because it was April) so we were all bundled up in our winter gear and you know as soon as we walked away we were all like “uhhhhhh that was Troy wasn’t it?” “Son of a bitch that was Troy!” And then we looked back and he had disappeared into the snow in the opposite direction. Good times. 
    Yes, fair enough.  I have heard of stories of members of Phish hanging out at the camps before shows just wandering around and just randomly talking to people and a bunch of people had no idea who they were talking to, lol!

Glad you did recognize him though.

Bump!