Options

Phil Jackson at one of Eddie's solo shows?

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,562
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Call me crazy, but wouldn't it be badass if the great Phil Jackson showed up at one of Eddie's solo shows this weekend in L.A.?

Actually, it's not that crazy -- it is well known that Phil is a PJ (err...Pearl Jam) fan, and he attended a show at least as recently as 2005 (Missoula, Montana). He was also at Pearl Jam's Irvine show in 2003. And the Lakers are at home right now (they've got a Sunday afternoon game against San Antonio and nothing again until Tuesday).

And wouldn't it be badass if Eddie busted out "Black, Red, Yellow" for him? (It happened at the Missoula show...).

:D
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Call me crazy, but wouldn't it be badass if the great Phil Jackson showed up at one of Eddie's solo shows this weekend in L.A.?

Actually, it's not that crazy -- it is well known that Phil is a PJ (err...Pearl Jam) fan, and he attended a show at least as recently as 2005 (Missoula, Montana). And the Lakers are at home right now (they've got a Sunday afternoon game against San Antonio and nothing again until Tuesday).

And wouldn't it be badass if Eddie busted out "Black, Red, Yellow" for him? (It happened at the Missoula show...).

:D

they played that just for him thats pretty cool, why didn't they play it a lolla last year for Dennis Rodman then that would have been cool as well
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    the zenmaster - what a character.
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Wouldn't be a big surprise. Saw Phil at a dead show (he's quite the deadhead), and saw Bill Walton at a few dead shows too. Would suck to sit behind him though!
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 232
    I remember the Irvine show, i was in about the 6th show to the right of the stage, and Phil was like in the 3rd row center.

I remember thinking, is he in the fan club? Get him out of there :)

Pretty easy to spot him when everybody's standing.
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:
    Wouldn't be a big surprise. Saw Phil at a dead show (he's quite the deadhead), and saw Bill Walton at a few dead shows too. Would suck to sit behind him though!
    Would suck to sit behind both of them.
    Funny as shit when you think about it, so no I really dont think it would be badass, unless Phil stays last row or side wall.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    It DID happen, my buddies were just a few rows back of him.

They said he ROCKED out HARD.
    EV Bridgeschool - October 24, 2004
    San Francisco - July 15/16/18, 2006 Bridgeschool - October 21/22, 2006
    Lollapalooza - August 5,2007
    EV Berkley - April 7/8, 2008 The Who Rock Honors - July 12, 2008
    Outside Lands - August 28, 2009 Seattle - September 21/22, 2009 San Diego - October 9, 2009
  • Options
    Yup, he was there
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    he was in the first row of the balcony
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    McJuicy wrote:
    he was in the first row of the balcony
    Yep, with John Lithgow