POLL- THE WEAKEST LINK: TOM HANKS FILMS - ROUND 4

Now on the ROUND 4 of the 'WEAKEST LINK'. I decided to go with some of my favorite Tom Hanks films. Pick the film that you think is the WEAKEST LINK from the ones provided.  I do know he has been in MANY good movies, I just picked some of my favorite films to include in the list. Again, thanks to everyone who plays.

Now to the FINAL FOUR to determine the BEST of these TOM HANKS films.

You are going to pick the film that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) movie with the most votes. We will then move on to CHAMPIONSHIP.

Big (1988) - Eliminated Round 3
A League of Their Own (1992) - Eliminated Round 2
Sleepless in Seattle (1993) - Eliminated Round 1
Philadelphia (1993)
Forrest Gump (1994)
Apollo 13 (1995) - Eliminated Round 3
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Road to Perdition (2002) - Eliminated Round 2
Cast Away (2000)
The Terminal (2004) - Eliminated Round 1

POLL- THE WEAKEST LINK: TOM HANKS FILMS - ROUND 4 32 votes

Philadelphia (1993)
18%
mcgruff10Ledbetterman10elvistheking44Indifference71BLACK35bbiggs 6 votes
Forrest Gump (1994)
31%
pjhawkshedonistBIGDaddyWilmickeyraterebusMerkin BallereeriepadavebrianluxF Me In The Brain1ThoughtKnown 10 votes
25%
darwinstheoryPonciermfc2006GlowGirldankindAsterisk on the StreetOffSheGoes35Matts3221 8 votes
Cast Away (2000)
25%
2-feign-reluctancegoldrushJohnny Abruzzotempo_n_groovePJ_SoulMeltdown99JPPJ84West Coast Dreamgirl 8 votes

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Forrest Gump (1994)
    I refuse to pump Gump
  • Cast Away (2000)
    The best song in any Tom Hanks movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHpQFF_Et4s
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Cast Away (2000)
    I am bummed that Big got voted out. Big is way better than Cast Away IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Cast Away (2000)
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes! Although I do love Wiiilsoooon! ;)
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Forrest Gump (1994)
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah!
  • Forrest Gump (1994)
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah!

Or Philadelphia (non-Dolph Lundgren version), Ryan, or Gump.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Cast Away (2000)
    I really liked this movie, but not as much as the others. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Cast Away (2000)
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah!

Yeah, maybe. Big is REALLY good.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Saving Private Ryan (1998)
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah!

:lol:

If Philadelphia wins, we will know the real reason.  ;)
  • Cast Away (2000)
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah!

HAHAHAHA!!!  Glad to see the Lundgren joke still going.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,618
    Forrest Gump (1994)
    How on earth did Big not at least make round 4?  A perplexing crowd this is indeed!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Looking like Philly and SPR are going to the finals.
  • Cast Away (2000)
    Is this supposed to be best movie or best Tom Hanks performance? Because I think those are two different movies. Maybe.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Forrest Gump (1994)
    Is this supposed to be best movie or best Tom Hanks performance? Because I think those are two different movies. Maybe.

Good point, good question.
    Mr. MendozK?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Why didn't you ask that before you voted?
  • Cast Away (2000)

Why didn't you ask that before you voted?
    I didn't vote for the Final yet...

Forrest Gump (1994)
    Please, somebody save me!
    What Tom Hank39s volleyball Wilson looks like now as Castaway turns 15 years  old  Metro News

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    edited September 2021
    Save Wilson, Dyer. How can you say no to that face?
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    Forrest Gump (1994)
    hedonist said:
    I refuse to pump Gump

maybe if Jenny had, she wouldn't have gotten prego.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Forrest Gump (1994)
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    I refuse to pump Gump

maybe if Jenny had, she wouldn't have gotten prego.....
    Jenny is an annoying character....and I love her, as an actress.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I think something often overlooked in Cast Away is that even if it isn't the best movie, it is still a movie with essentially 1 character that still manages to keep your attention the entire movie. Much like The Revenant. Not any actor can achieve that.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Forrest Gump (1994)
    I think something often overlooked in Cast Away is that even if it isn't the best movie, it is still a movie with essentially 1 character that still manages to keep your attention the entire movie. Much like The Revenant. Not any actor can achieve that.

Great point. 
    As for which Hanks movie is "best", that's such a tough call, of course.  One of a number things that puts Castaway at or so near the top for me is the work Hanks out into preparing for the role, both physically and gaining survival knowledge and skills.  The extras on the DVD reveal a lot of that work.
    As does this:
    7 Of The Best Hollywood Body Transformations

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    Forrest Gump (1994)
    brianlux said:

Great point. 
    As for which Hanks movie is "best", that's such a tough call, of course.  One of a number things that puts Castaway at or so near the top for me is the work Hanks out into preparing for the role, both physically and gaining survival knowledge and skills.  The extras on the DVD reveal a lot of that work.
    As does this:

you dont even want to know what he did to prep for Philadelphia
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Cast Away (2000)
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

Great point. 
    As does this:

you dont even want to know what he did to prep for Philadelphia
    I spit out my damn coffee, lol...
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Forrest Gump (1994) and Saving Private Ryan (1998) have been eliminated in Round 4.
This discussion has been closed.