Options

“New” Corduroy

Super happy to be able to see some live shows again but can we all agree that this new “bob dylan” reworked corduroy doesn’t work.  I gave it a chance after Friday but it’s bad…sorry and looking forward to seeing some GIGATON tomorrow 

Comments

• Options
    Much better tonight.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Super happy to be able to see some live shows again but can we all agree that this new “bob dylan” reworked corduroy doesn’t work.  I gave it a chance after Friday but it’s bad…sorry and looking forward to seeing some GIGATON tomorrow 
    Stopping Corduroy the prior few years, right at one of their best uptempo changes in their entire library (Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed) to completely stop the song to do crowd participation yeah yeah yeah has been a painful horror show, at least for this fan. If the current version retires that one, then it’s a net plus.
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    I would love to hear the old school 2000 and before version. Just a raw blistering rocker like "Hail Hail."
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    Stopping Corduroy the prior few years, right at one of their best uptempo changes in their entire library (Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed) to completely stop the song to do crowd participation yeah yeah yeah has been a painful horror show, at least for this fan. If the current version retires that one, then it’s a net plus.
    Idk the extended jam in the middle was pretty awesome in the 2018 versions but I def coulda done without the crowd participation part. Still looking for a good video of the alternate version Ed did with the Eartlings.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    I could do without crowd participation altogether. Not sure how Ed can stand it either. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville