Thoughts since Sea Hear Now and Ohana performances

justamjustam Posts: 21,408
Hey PJ fans,

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I feel like these live PJ and Eddie Vedder performances feel like the sun coming up after a long night.  During the previous year working from home, I didn't think I was depressed, but I think I was.  I was enjoying the chance to sleep later, roll out of bed, join my Teams meeting and teach my classes.  I enjoyed having my cats photo-bomb the class meetings.  I even enjoyed being able to grab coffee from the kitchen between piano lessons, look out the window at my flowers, and pet the cats while listening to someone play Debussy's Reverie or Beethoven's Fur Elise...

The coziness of teaching from home.

But, I've been sad.  I've been missing people.  I've been missing rock 'n roll!

So, all that said, shall we talk about the GREATNESS of hearing our favorite band play?!  I wasn't even there in person but it woke me up.  It's making me feel like good days may be returning.  

Yes, I'm still worried about the anti-vac people too.  (Since being back in person I've been wearing my N-95 mask to teach those children with parents who aren't vaccinated.  What are they thinking!!)
Yes, I know there's a long way to go on the health recovery road for our country but...

at least that idiot is out of the White House
at least people are starting to cautiously go out
at least those of us who are vaccinated are not likely to die in the hospital from Covid
(maybe from a heart attack because the hospitals are full?)
(maybe from something else because the hospitals are full...)

but,

MUSIC can wake us up.  I loved hearing some of the Gigaton songs live in a stream!

And, btw, what about Ed's daughter singing so well the first time out?!  (So beautiful it made me cry.)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&