POLL- THE WEAKEST LINK: TOM HANKS FILMS - ROUND 3

Now on the ROUND 3 of the 'WEAKEST LINK'. I decided to go with some of my favorite Tom Hanks films. Pick the film that you think is the WEAKEST LINK from the ones provided.  I do know he has been in MANY good movies, I just picked some of my favorite films to include in the list. Again, thanks to everyone who plays.

Now to the 3rd Round to determine the BEST of these TOM HANKS films.

You are going to pick the film that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) movie with the most votes. We will then move on to ROUND 4.

Big (1988)
A League of Their Own (1992) - Eliminated Round 2
Sleepless in Seattle (1993) - Eliminated Round 1
Philadelphia (1993)
Forrest Gump (1994)
Apollo 13 (1995)
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Road to Perdition (2002) - Eliminated Round 2
Cast Away (2000)
The Terminal (2004) - Eliminated Round 1

POLL- THE WEAKEST LINK: TOM HANKS FILMS - ROUND 3 32 votes

Big (1988)
25%
darwinstheorymcgruff10Ledbetterman10cutzmickeyratGern BlanstenSmallestOceansMeltdown99 8 votes
Philadelphia (1993)
9%
JimmyVHesCalledDyerbbiggs 3 votes
Forrest Gump (1994)
15%
hedonisterebuseeriepadavebrianluxF Me In The Brain 5 votes
Apollo 13 (1995)
21%
pjhawksGlowGirlBLACK35eddiecHobbes1ThoughtKnownWest Coast Dreamgirl 7 votes
15%
PoncierdankindPapOffSheGoes35Matts3221 5 votes
Cast Away (2000)
12%
GibsongoldrushJohnny Abruzzotempo_n_groove 4 votes

Comments

• Cast Away (2000)
    @dankind what openly gay actor could have been in Philadelphia in 1993?  I guess you're mad at Sean Penn for playing Harvey Milk then too?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    @dankind what openly gay actor could have been in Philadelphia in 1993?  I guess you're mad at Sean Penn for playing Harvey Milk then too?
    Tom Cruise?

Oh wait you said openly

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Cast Away (2000)
    Poncier said:
    Tom Cruise?

Oh wait you said openly

You weren't buying this, huh?
    Tom Cruise Oprah GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    edited September 2021
    Apollo 13 (1995)
    I'm choosing not by how good the movie is but Hanks' performance in it.  I thought he was just ok in Apollo 13 and the worse of him in the films left.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Think I might pass from here on out.  Too close to call for me.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Saving Private Ryan (1998)
    Sir Ian McKellen, of course 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    JojoRice said:
    Think I might pass from here on out.  Too close to call for me.  
    I was just thinking that! Never watched Philadelphia but I know it’s good and I love the rest. I’m out, it’s too hard
  • Cast Away (2000)
    He would not have made this movie the big deal that it was.  I didn't even know he was acting back then?
  • Forrest Gump (1994)
    So you mean an openly gay American movie star?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834

Yeah, he must. I worked heavily in the theatre in the 1990s, and nearly every actor I worked with was gay, openly, in Florida!

So he must mean movie star.

Also, I'm not mad at anyone; I was just pointing something out.

I mean, Sean Penn is a dick for so many other reasons, but I'm not mad at him.

Both actors are good at their craft.

I'll say that Penn is a little better, in my opinion. I don't know how to explain it well. But, to me, there's always a piece of Tom Hanks in any Tom Hanks performance, whereas I forget I'm even watching Sean Penn during his performances. He's better at becoming the role.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    Big (1988)
    dankind said:

Yeah, he must. I worked heavily in the theatre in the 1990s, and nearly every actor I worked with was gay, openly, in Florida!

I'll say that Penn is a little better, in my opinion. I don't know how to explain it well. But, to me, there's always a piece of Tom Hanks in any Tom Hanks performance, whereas I forget I'm even watching Sean Penn during his performances. He's better at becoming the role.

yes, see I Am Sam
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    He would not have made this movie the big deal that it was.  I didn't even know he was acting back then?
    You're such a pain in the ass. Now I have to find an openly gay American movie star from 1993, because I know there has to be one. I know he's a piece of crap now, but what about Kevin Spacey?
    He made Glengarry Glen Ross in 1992. That made him a little more high profile.
    Nathan Goddamn Lane, people!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited September 2021
    Harvey Motherfucking Fierstein!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,618
    Forrest Gump (1994)
    I don't hate Forest Gump but I also don't get the love for it.  I will say though, I think it's one of (if not the) best performances by Gary Sinise.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Wasn't his lover Antonio Banderas in the movie? I don't think Harvey Motherfucking Fierstein could land Antonio Banderas.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    edited September 2021
    You're such a pain in the ass. Now I have to find an openly gay American movie star from 1993, because I know there has to be one. I know he's a piece of crap now, but what about Kevin Spacey?
    Rupert Everett (ok, English)
    We'll just go with Nathan Lane. Antonio would hit that. Thank you, dankind.
    JPPJ84 said:
    Rupert Everett (ok, English)
    Good choice! I forgot about Rupert.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Forrest Gump (1994)
    Wasn't his lover Antonio Banderas in the movie? I don't think Harvey Motherfucking Fierstein could land Antonio Banderas.
    :lol:
  • Forrest Gump (1994)
    hedonist said:
    :lol:
    I also laughed at that!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Apollo 13 (1995)
    dankind said:

Filmmaker says, "I want Tom Hanks." They go get Tom Hanks. Filmmaker says, "I want Harvey Milk." They go get Sean Penn.
  • Cast Away (2000)
    lol, No on Spacey.  He is good but wouldn't have delivered it and didn't come out until the Me Too movement.

WTF is Rupert Everett?

• Cast Away (2000)

Dolph Lundgren?
    Can you imagine Philadelphia starring Dolph Lundgren?
    The Boss singing in the background?
    lol, No on Spacey.  He is good but wouldn't have delivered it and didn't come out until the Me Too movement.

WTF is Rupert Everett?
    You win. I can't think of a suitable replacement for Tom Hanks. 
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Forrest Gump (1994)

God, I hate shots like that.

”Oh, me? Just laying back on the bed, shirtless, relaxed, hair perfectly uncoiffed. I can be a serious man, with a soupçon of playfulness.”
This discussion has been closed.