Options

The Lemonheads announce It’s A Shame About Ray reissue, tour dates!!!

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
WOW.. And I mean WOW!  This is so cool!

The Lemonheads announce It’s A Shame About Ray reissue, tour dates

The Lemonheads are celebrating the 30th anniversary of their landmark album It’s A Shame About Ray in 2022. In March, the band plans to reissue the album on double vinyl and CD formats with bonus tracks—including b-sides, demos and covers—via Fire Records. The label also plans to reissue the band’s subsequent albums, Come on Feel the Lemonheads and Car Button Cloth, along with live albums. Last year, Fire reissued the band’s 1990 album, Lovey.

The Lemonheads are also touring this fall. Check out those dates below.

If you're not familiar with this great record, you're in for a treat.  IT IS GREAT!  and check out this last date on the tour list
"11/27: House Of Blues – Boston, MA w/ Dinosaur Jr"

WOW!!!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    They should get Hatfield on bass for this

love that they’re repressing the albums. So hard to find.  
  • Options

I sure hope so!  Juliana is great. 
    I have the album but with am looking forward to the double album with the outtakes and all. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    who is even in the band now?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    As long as Evan is that’s all that matters for each album/tour.  It’s been a rotating cast for 30 years
  • Options
    As long as Evan is that’s all that matters for each album/tour.  It’s been a rotating cast for 30 years
    yeah I know, that's why I was asking. seems weird to announce the tour but not who is touring. unless he's never done that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2021
    yeah I know, that's why I was asking. seems weird to announce the tour but not who is touring. unless he's never done that. 

I think it's pretty much just Dando plus who ever he gets to play drums and it seems I read somewhere Juliana Hatfield will join up for the reunion.  I hope so anyway!
    I wonder if, at times Lemonheads has been kind of like that the mid-period Dinosaur Jr where it was just J Mascis and a few people helping out making records like Without a Sound and Hand it Over.  Only with Lemonheads, at one time or another something like 22 people have been in that band!
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Options

I picked up a copy of the 2009 Plain Recordings reissues at a reasonable price (not sure where at this point).  Must have just gotten in under the wire.  Very cool that it's being re-issued.

• Options
    brianlux said:

I think it's pretty much just Dando plus who ever he gets to play drums and it seems I read somewhere Juliana Hatfield will join up for the reunion.  I hope so anyway!
    I wonder if, at times Lemonheads has been kind of like that the mid-period Dinosaur Jr where it was just J Mascis and a few people helping out making records like Without a Sound and Hand it Over.  Only with Lemonheads, at one time or another something like 22 people have been in that band!
    reminds me of Black Mountain. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:

I'll have to check them out.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

they remind me of a cross between Black Sabbath and Jefferson Airplane. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

they remind me of a cross between Black Sabbath and Jefferson Airplane. 

Nice!