Dancing Barefoot on the Beach: Patti & Ed @ SHN

JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
One of my absolute favorite accounts I follow on IG is Patti Smith's. Just checked it and saw this lovely pic, soooooo much love & talent in this photo!

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,939
    That’s so cool!  Thank you for posting it!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,261
    Cool shot!  :)
  • Still one of the best covers they've ever done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kx7ucrBa3c

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Oh wow THANK YOU for posting that, I never saw it before!  That was great!  And I have always loved that song so much so.... that was a treat!

Funny you post a video from Bridge School and you can see the kids in the background.  I took my 12 yr old to Sea Hear Now this weekend and tonight we watched Billy Idol's set and I had her laughing when I told her how when I saw Billy Idol at Bridge School, the kids were all sitting on the back of the stage as usual and he went into Mony Mony and encouraged the kids and everyone to yell what everyone back in the day used to yell as a call and response: "Get laid! Get fucked!"  I told her how many of the kids clearly knew what the words meant and looked positively electrified with excitement to be hearing/yelling something they knew they probably shouldn't!  Then he played Mony Mony and the stopped the music to hear the audience yell "Get laid! Get fucked" and my kid laughed again.

So Bridge School was on my mind tonight, thanks again for the amazing video!
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555
    edited September 2021
    JH6056 said:
    Oh wow THANK YOU for posting that, I never saw it before!  That was great!  And I have always loved that song so much so.... that was a treat!

Funny you post a video from Bridge School and you can see the kids in the background.  I took my 12 yr old to Sea Hear Now this weekend and tonight we watched Billy Idol's set and I had her laughing when I told her how when I saw Billy Idol at Bridge School, the kids were all sitting on the back of the stage as usual and he went into Mony Mony and encouraged the kids and everyone to yell what everyone back in the day used to yell as a call and response: "Get laid! Get fucked!"  I told her how many of the kids clearly knew what the words meant and looked positively electrified with excitement to be hearing/yelling something they knew they probably shouldn't!  Then he played Mony Mony and the stopped the music to hear the audience yell "Get laid! Get fucked" and my kid laughed again.

So Bridge School was on my mind tonight, thanks again for the amazing video!

Hahaha, I was at that same BSB. Every time Billy's name comes up, I can't help but think about that performance of Mony Mony. Too funny.
    And you're welcome for the video. THANK YOU for the beach picture!
    Post edited by darthvedder on