How was the rest of the show? I fainted during "Wishlist".

So much for my first proper show in 5 years.

Super hot out all day, super sweaty. I didn't sufficiently hydrate. Got dizzy while getting food early on, but it passed, & I felt great.

I rocked out HARD during "Even Flow". Too hard. As "Wishlist" started, everything started turning white. Then I apparently fell into my poor 80-pound cousin twice (I'm 6'2, 320), and she somehow held me up before I fell backwards. Her husband & another guy caught me.

Beyond embarrassing lol, people dumping water on me, and I had to exit right in front of the stage, so the whole fucking band saw me & like 10 security guards and EMTs. If you remember looking at the security aisle & seeing a giant in a Who bullseye t-shirt wobbling all over the place, that was me.

Spent the rest of the show in the medical tent. Feeling better now, but not going today.

Beyond bummed. I was really looking forward to this. I had a super shitty year last year, & I've made a big comeback, & the perfect way to cap it off would have been by seeing my 2 favorite bands (PJ & The Pumpkins) in the same weekend.
May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,317

Super hot out all day, super sweaty. I didn't sufficiently hydrate. Got dizzy while getting food early on, but it passed, & I felt great.

I rocked out HARD during "Even Flow". Too hard. As "Wishlist" started, everything started turning white. Then I apparently fell into my poor 80-pound cousin twice (I'm 6'2, 320), and she somehow held me up before I fell backwards. Her husband & another guy caught me.

Beyond embarrassing lol, people dumping water on me, and I had to exit right in front of the stage, so the whole fucking band saw me & like 10 security guards and EMTs. If you remember looking at the security aisle & seeing a giant in a Who bullseye t-shirt wobbling all over the place, that was me.

Spent the rest of the show in the medical tent. Feeling better now, but not going today.

Beyond bummed. I was really looking forward to this. I had a super shitty year last year, & I've made a big comeback, & the perfect way to cap it off would have been by seeing my 2 favorite bands (PJ & The Pumpkins) in the same weekend.
    sorry to hear this! Most important thing is you’re ok. 
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Oh wow, glad you're ok now though!

Was this one of the times Ed stopped the show because it looked like something was going on?  I hope everyone's ok, glad the band is SO observant (and have people watching crowd who are so observant) to try to see things like that.  They can't see everything but they sure are attentive.

You won't make that hydration mistake twice, so I hope your next PJ show is great for you!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Rough lesson OP! Glad you are ok. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    I took my sister to the '13 show in Spokane and she fainted(heat in the pit and beer all day).  I think it was during Lightning Bolt and she hit pretty hard.  We spent the remainder of the show behind the stage listening to the show in the medical room.  Sucks!!!  I feel ya.  Travelled from New Mexico and saw, maybe 6 songs.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,261
    Glad you are ok.
  • Ed stopped the show to make sure you were ok! You may have missed the rest of the set but to have your favorite band stop to show to check on you is quite the badge of honor.

Glad you are doing better!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • So much for my first proper show in 5 years.

OUCH!!!!

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Someone in my section actually passed out right before Wishlist. Just to the right of the stage. You guys may recall Eddie pointing to our section and asking if everything was alright (and not noticing everyone yelling “no”). Turned out okay though. He was conscious within a few minutes and they got him out of there. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Someone in my section actually passed out right before Wishlist. Just to the right of the stage. You guys may recall Eddie pointing to our section and asking if everything was alright (and not noticing everyone yelling “no”). Turned out okay though. He was conscious within a few minutes and they got him out of there. 
    So yours was the first right, when he paused story time to check on your area? The “I’m getting mixed signals” response?

I didn’t even think it was that hot but I guess if you were out there all day it catches up to you.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    So yours was the first right, when he paused story time to check on your area? The “I’m getting mixed signals” response?

I didn’t even think it was that hot but I guess if you were out there all day it catches up to you.
    Yep that was it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Wild. Someone near me actually had a seizure during even flow Fenway 1 ‘18. They got them out of there pretty quick as well. 
  • Oh wow.  I'm so glad you are OK.  We need you and all of the good that you do for the world, buddy.  
    Sorry this happened but glad things turned out ok for you.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I was not the Wishlist stopper. I remember that happening. It was apparently soon after, at the end before they went into Waiting On A Friend. There's like a 10-minute block that I don't remember.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,691

Yikes, Andrew. I am glad you are feeling better. Well you got the band’s attention. It is great that things have turned around for you from last year. Keep that momentum going.