Options

*** SEA.HEAR.NOW. FESTIVAL SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,565
    edited September 2021
    Edit: posted in reviews 
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Due to Covid and no PJ shows in three years, this lifelong fan from Portland was anticipating this show across the country as if he were actually attending. Hope everyone had a great time and enjoyed the music. Loved how they were eager to play the Gigaton songs. Looking forward to the bootleg. Seeing some comments about DotC being an odd opener. In my mind I still envision it as a first set closer. Stretch it out. Let it get weird with all the vocal layering. Someone get me Eddie on the phone so I can pitch this! Anyway, hope they come near me soon!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,968
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 654
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YvpKyvSMufk

Can see Josh in this video
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited September 2021
    What is the role of Josh Klinghoffer as active member of the tour?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    I figured Josh was playing fills and adding vocals throughout the night.  Pretty common honestly with huge bands.  They usually stay right off stage or behind amps. 

Great show.  Perfect festival length.  Love that they blasted through 3 Gigaton songs to start it off
    This is exactly what happened.  I don’t not like it. They sounded really tight. Gigaton songs honestly blew me away. 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I think it's awesome that Josh is sitting in with them for these shows.

BIG thanks to Tom Jones. Looks like you had a blast & we all appreciate you streaming the show!
    BIG thanks to Dimi for this thread! These are always fun to read as the setlist rolls in.

BRING ON OHANA! Pumped to see/hear them live in one week!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    mfc2006 said:
    Yeah, it’s a bit weird to me that some people are acting like they are over it. How can this possibly be something that you would let dampen your enjoyment of seeing the band live? Did people overreact like this when Boom joined?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    RiotZact said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Yeah, it’s a bit weird to me that some people are acting like they are over it. How can this possibly be something that you would let dampen your enjoyment of seeing the band live? Did people overreact like this when Boom joined?
    I think it's great...definitely an overreaction by some. Most bands do this when they tour.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385
    edited September 2021
    mfc2006 said:
    RiotZact said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I think it's great...definitely an overreaction by some. Most bands do this when they tour.
    I am confused as to the need. The band has three accomplished guitar players. The band has four accomplished backup vocalists. The addition of Josh did not dampen my enjoyment (Josh is a stud!), more so confused as to why he was there. 

Edit: I see there's a thread on the Porch dedicated to this topic.
    Post edited by Hobbes on
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,834
    Hobbes said:
    mfc2006 said:
    RiotZact said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I am confused as to the need. The band has three accomplished guitar players. The band has four accomplished backup vocalists. The addition of Josh did not dampen my enjoyment (Josh is a stud!), more so confused as to why he was there. 

Who cares. The dude lost his gig with the chili peppers. Now he’s touring as a member of PJ. Good for him and good on them for bringing him out. Maybe they just really get along and enjoy jamming. 
  • Options
    FirstExit said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    FirstExit said:
    Was My City of Ruins with Bruce?
    Nope
    Lol so strange to me they didn't bring Bruce out for probably the biggest thing to ever happen in his "hometown"
    I think this was Bruce’s fault. Eddie was building him up all night and looking over to see if he was going to come out, and he never did. I could tell Eddie was disappointed at the end of the show, he kind of walked off and didn’t say much to the crowd. 

I believe, for some reason, Bruce decided now to come out (whether he got too drunk, thought his voice wasn’t great or something). The band was waiting on it to happen. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385
    nicknyr15 said:
    Hobbes said:
    mfc2006 said:
    RiotZact said:
    mfc2006 said:

Who cares. The dude lost his gig with the chili peppers. Now he’s touring as a member of PJ. Good for him and good on them for bringing him out. Maybe they just really get along and enjoy jamming. 
    More of a want and not necessarily a need. And if that's the case, then I'm cool with that. I figured the extra "bases" Ed referenced could have been covered by the accomplished players already on the field. I guess not. Whatever their reasoning, like I stated, I'm cool with. Just curious.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,924
    edited September 2021
    FirstExit said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    FirstExit said:
    Nope
    Lol so strange to me they didn't bring Bruce out for probably the biggest thing to ever happen in his "hometown"
    I think this was Bruce’s fault. Eddie was building him up all night and looking over to see if he was going to come out, and he never did. I could tell Eddie was disappointed at the end of the show, he kind of walked off and didn’t say much to the crowd. 

I believe, for some reason, Bruce decided now to come out (whether he got too drunk, thought his voice wasn’t great or something). The band was waiting on it to happen. 
    My buddy is on Bruce s security detail and I can tell you with confidence that Bruce was not there.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,665
    mcgruff10 said:
    FirstExit said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    FirstExit said:
    Nope

My buddy is on Bruce s security detail and I can tell you with confidence that Bruce was not there.  
    Thank you for some knowledge to counter that random speculation and mind reading.  :lol:.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    FirstExit said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    FirstExit said:
    Nope

Thank you for some knowledge to counter that random speculation and mind reading.  :lol:.  
    Then Bruce decided not to show up. Eddie was waiting to see if he would show. 100%. He kept building up Bruce the entire show. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,038
    edited September 2021
    Good evening, my dear friends.
    Loving reading these threads
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Go Animal said:
    Good evening, my dear friends.
    Loving reading these threads

Love the fact that Pearl Jam is back to playing live music. Been a long 3 years between shows.

Hopefully in 2022 we are back to a full blown tour.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    I think they open up with DOTC
    for the win
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    FirstExit said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    FirstExit said:
    Nope

Then Bruce decided not to show up. Eddie was waiting to see if he would show. 100%. He kept building up Bruce the entire show. 
    Right.  Bruce wasn’t there because he didn’t show up.  Also President Obama wasn’t there because he decided not to show up.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FirstExit said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    FirstExit said:
    Nope

Right.  Bruce wasn’t there because he didn’t show up.  Also President Obama wasn’t there because he decided not to show up.  
    I also decided not to show up.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,834
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FirstExit said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    FirstExit said:
    Nope

No. I could tell from the stream I was watching. EV was definitely waiting for Obama to show up and was visibly angry when he didn’t. 
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    It was great to follow a set list thread again after so long. Much needed. Gigaton songs sounded great from the YouTube videos I watched. I bet it was a great time for all who attended.  The guys looked like they were having a lot of fun! Can't wait for a live show hopefully next year! 🤞
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FirstExit said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    FirstExit said:
    Nope

I also decided not to show up.
    Lies! 

I clearly saw Eddie looking over at you and giving you the MSG puker gesture seen in your avatar, trying to get you to come onto the stage. Why would you let us down like this?!?!
  • Options

The MSG puker gesture!

You, my friend, have a very good memory!

• Options

The MSG puker gesture!

You, my friend, have a very good memory!

Ha! 

Every year or so I have to go back and read that story and the Boston puker story. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FirstExit said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    FirstExit said:
    Nope

No. I could tell from the stream I was watching. EV was definitely waiting for Obama to show up and was visibly angry when he didn’t. 
    I m glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed this. Kind of ruined the night for me. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    edited September 2021
    What is the role of Josh Klinghoffer as active member of the tour?
    most back vocals,riff fills,piano,and has two drums infront of him
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Can confirm by first hand account. Red Mosquito was matter of factly a song that was played
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,972
    I THINK MIKE WEARS BAUHAUS SHIRT 
    I thought it might have been a Stooges shirt, but not 100% sure on that.