Vault 3 - Defect

Hi all,
Side 3 of my Vault 3 is skipping on Whipping.  I washed the LP and it’s still there.  If by any chance someone has a spare because a replacement was sent or whatever, let me know please.  Just looking for LP 2 in the set….
Really taking a chance here even though odds are minimal.
thanks 

Comments

• Bump
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021
    I had a similar issue with vault 4 when I opened it from sealed. 

Look hard for what’s causing the skip. If it’s debris stuck in the groove it’s fixable with a q tip and some rubbing alcohol as that should free whatever is stuck.

if it’s scratched there is nothing you can do

get a bright light and a magnifying glass 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Hi all,
    Side 3 of my Vault 3 is skipping on Whipping.  I washed the LP and it’s still there.  If by any chance someone has a spare because a replacement was sent or whatever, let me know please.  Just looking for LP 2 in the set….
    Really taking a chance here even though odds are minimal.
    thanks 
    Time to clean your stylus? Is your table balanced? Anti-skate set correctly? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Everything ok with the TT.  It is really the LP that is scratched.  
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,610
    edited December 2021
    I had the same issue with Vault 3. Skipping at the beginning of Whipping. Had to buy another copy and now it's great!
    Post edited by RW8297 on
  • Was it V3 or 4 that had widespread quality issues. I remember I had to smash my record and send them a photo to get a replacement. Buying a sealed one of whichever had the problems would be a mistake.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021
    ^ think it was 4

Seems as though the majority of 3 are still sealed. So if there is an issue I don’t know how widespread if no one knows 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • RW8297 said:
    I had the same issue with Vault 3. Skipping at the beginning of Whipping. Had to buy another copy and now it's great!
    With the going rate on those, it is not really an option to buy another one at this stage.  Just hoping for a miracle!
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    For those that dont, always clean your records before use. Found this out the hard way. Theres always a few times you look and think it looks fine and dont bother. Usually its a bit of stuff stuck in the groove and the needle hits it and causes a scratch. Not saying this has happened but its definitely worth cleaning before playing each time.