Charles Peterson Grunge Years NFT collection

2»

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,654

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,257
    edited January 2022

Created by CharlesPeterson
    Backstage at the free Pearl Jam show for Ten Club Members. The band played two nights under the moniker 'Piss Bottle Men.' Neil Young came out the second night and played a surprise encore of 'Act Of Love' with the band. I'm not sure what's happening here, but I think Neil was surprised I was taking his photo, and this was the only one I took of him backstage that evening.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,257
    Charles has been adding alot of cool stuff on that media.
  • She's not even close to correct sadly.  Copyright means you'd own the image, NFT is not a Copyright.  NFT means you own the specific digital version of something behind that NFT - it could be a photo, a link, anything.  There is nothing in place to stop anyone from creating more of that NFT you just bought.  Think of it closer to numbered posters with a potential for infinite presssings.

Realistically people who buy NFTs do so for one of the following reasons:
    1. Masking money transactions.  Person A owns Person B.  Person B lists a NFT of their cat Professor Whisker Bottoms surfing and Person A gobbles it up for 500k.
    2. Similar to the above, but for tax purposes.  Invest in NFTs that should be worth money later, and now your taxable income is lower.
    3. Gamblers, no different than Crypto investing or Meme stocks.  Maybe it will be worth more later, worth the risk?
    4. Suckers, everyone else who sees an article that a college kid got rich off of NFTs and they could be next.  Persons 1-3 need these suckers to drive the prices up and make a profit.
    In the end its nothing more than a Ponzi Scheme really.
  • rhpot1991 said:
    She's not even close to correct sadly.  Copyright means you'd own the image, NFT is not a Copyright.  NFT means you own the specific digital version of something behind that NFT - it could be a photo, a link, anything.  There is nothing in place to stop anyone from creating more of that NFT you just bought.  Think of it closer to numbered posters with a potential for infinite presssings.

1. Masking money transactions.  Person A owns Person B.  Person B lists a NFT of their cat Professor Whisker Bottoms surfing and Person A gobbles it up for 500k.
    2. Similar to the above, but for tax purposes.  Invest in NFTs that should be worth money later, and now your taxable income is lower.
    3. Gamblers, no different than Crypto investing or Meme stocks.  Maybe it will be worth more later, worth the risk?
    4. Suckers, everyone else who sees an article that a college kid got rich off of NFTs and they could be next.  Persons 1-3 need these suckers to drive the prices up and make a profit.
    She was joking I think?  She said Levre instead of Louvre and Leonardo DiCaprio made the Mona lisa, lol.  The other word she misspelled was Fungible.  She says Fungineable.
  • rhpot1991 said:
    She's not even close to correct sadly.  Copyright means you'd own the image, NFT is not a Copyright.  NFT means you own the specific digital version of something behind that NFT - it could be a photo, a link, anything.  There is nothing in place to stop anyone from creating more of that NFT you just bought.  Think of it closer to numbered posters with a potential for infinite presssings.

She was joking I think?  She said Levre instead of Louvre and Leonardo DiCaprio made the Mona lisa, lol.  The other word she misspelled was Fungible.  She says Fungineable.
    Ya she said Fungible wrong a few times, maybe if she was mocking the whole thing then it makes more sense.  Still kinda dangerous to be pasted in here with a bunch of people saying "I don't get NFTs", so I'll leave my explanation be.