Josh Evans remixes....

KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
Are these only available to BUY via nugs?  

I bought the FLACHD version of the Moline show in 2014, but now I want the John Evans remix.  Is this only available via Nugs?
I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.

Comments

• Should be in the PJ shop soon. I’m waiting for it too. Hopefully it’ll be released on the 10th!
    San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    This is the stereo remix of the Moline show? I am wondering how different the Evans mix sounds. I already have the previous boot for the 2014 show.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    im an ear said:
    Should be in the PJ shop soon. I’m waiting for it too. Hopefully it’ll be released on the 10th!

The other Josh Evans remixed bootlegs (Seattle 2018) have been available on Nugs for a while.  They are not on pearljam.com.

PJ needs a better distribution strategy.....like the Beatles...where every version is available everywhere

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    KV4053 said:

I bought the FLACHD version of the Moline show in 2014, but now I want the John Evans remix.  Is this only available via Nugs?

strilo said:
    This is the stereo remix of the Moline show? I am wondering how different the Evans mix sounds. I already have the previous boot for the 2014 show.
    All versions of the Moline show are Stereo (as opposed to Mono).

I'm switching back and forth between the 2014 mix via my FLAC HD owned version and the 2021 mix via Nugs streaming (A/B testing).  This should not be a fair comparison because the 2014 mix is the FLAC HD files that I bought and reside locally on my hard drive.  The 2021 remix should have worse fidelity because it is a streaming version, albeit a High Resolution streaming version.

That said, the 2021 is unequivocally better at least on the songs I've played back to back.  "Gone" may be one exception. 

If I bought the 2021 remix and had them locally, this test would be more fair...and I bet the 2021 mix would sound even better.

Josh Evans is a badass.
    demetrios said:
    KV4053 said:

Thanks D.  That's not the Josh Evans 2021 remix (from what I can tell)
    edited September 2021
    KV4053 said:
    demetrios said:
    KV4053 said:

Thanks D.  That's not the Josh Evans 2021 remix (from what I can tell)

Yes, it is. The one on the right was bought directly from 10club few day's back. The sound is difference.
    edited September 2021

Yes, it is. The one on the right was bought directly from 10club few day's back. The sound is difference.
    Interesting.  Just to clarify, you're saying they replaced the 2014 mix with the 2021 remix on pearljam.com?

EDIT:  LOL....it says Josh Evans remix on the link you sent.  THANKS!!

Do you prefer the 2021 remix?
    Post edited by KV4053 on
    KV4053 said:

Interesting.  Just to clarify, you're saying they replaced the 2014 mix with the 2021 remix on pearljam.com?

Yep. Same with Nugs.

I've received the first 4 remixed Josh CD's from Nugs as 10club never sold these at the store.

Haven't yet ordered Josh's Missoula or the new Moline CD's just yet. Was hoping his London '10 remix would be released too but don't see it up yet on Nugs?
    Just curious, why do you buy both the CDs and the HD versions?
    KV4053 said:

I'm a PJ archivist. ;)
    demetrios said:
    KV4053 said:

I'm a PJ archivist. ;)
    Love it!
  • im an earim an ear Posts: 245
    edited September 2021
    demetrios said:
    KV4053 said:

Is the mp3 on pj’s website now the josh remix? I thought they were waiting until all the vault vinyls shipped to release it digitally. The digital doesn’t have the new vault artwork?
    Post edited by im an ear on
    San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13
    im an ear said:
    demetrios said:
    KV4053 said:

Is the mp3 on pj’s website now the josh remix? I thought they were waiting until all the vault vinyls shipped to release it digitally.

Yes. An email was sent out a few day's back. Free Stream! Celebrating Thirty Years of Ten & Twenty Five Years of No Code

• demetrios said:
    im an ear said:
    demetrios said:
    KV4053 said:

Is the mp3 on pj’s website now the josh remix? I thought they were waiting until all the vault vinyls shipped to release it digitally.

Yes. An email was sent out a few day's back. Free Stream! Celebrating Thirty Years of Ten & Twenty Five Years of No Code

Oh thanks! Weird they didn’t update it to the Vault #10 artwork…
  • CDs are CD-Rs correct?
  • Air23Air23 Posts: 1,361
    What is the list of the shows that have been remixed so far?
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    The Philly ‘Ten show’ remix is fantastic!! Highly recommend! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    So Hyde Park is the only omission. Hope that one gets a release! 
    www.cluthelee.com

Yep, I hope so too. I wonder if Pearl Jam will release Josh's Ten & No Code remixes on CD or make them available in Flac-HD.
    Will the Josh Evans remixes be available on pearljam.com?  Got some bootleg codes to use.  Specifically looking for Rome 6/26/18 and Seattle 8/10/18.  
    KV4053 said:
    Will the Josh Evans remixes be available on pearljam.com?  Got some bootleg codes to use.  Specifically looking for Rome 6/26/18 and Seattle 8/10/18.  

Only the Moline 2014 remix by Josh Evans is available. Would be great if the 10club did offer them. 
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    demetrios said:

Yep, I hope so too. I wonder if Pearl Jam will release Josh's Ten & No Code remixes on CD or make them available in Flac-HD.
    Atmos mixes cannot be released on CD, it's not technically possible. They could be released on Blu Ray, but you'd still have all the same limitations on how you can listen. 
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
    KV4053 said:

These 2 are available now @ the 10club store. I ordered the Flac-HD Josh Evans remixes from there recently. Rome is 4 GB's & Seattle night 2 is 4.26 GB's. They don't mention that they are remixed by Josh Evans in the description page at the 10club store but it is. Using the Nugster download app, the remixes are the only releases on Nugs.net. The original releases are not available anymore on both sites.
    demetrios said:
    KV4053 said:

These 2 are available now @ the 10club store. I ordered the Flac-HD Josh Evans remixes from there recently. Rome is 4 GB's & Seattle night 2 is 4.26 GB's. They don't mention that they are remixed by Josh Evans in the description page at the 10club store but it is. Using the Nugster download app, the remixes are the only releases on Nugs.net. The original releases are not available anymore on both sites.
    Thanks D!

What would we do without you?
    The Pearl Jam Josh Evans Remix CD Experience!

Hopefully Josh releases more remixes.
    demetrios said:
    Hopefully Josh releases more remixes.

Hope so!
    Not sure why they never released his remix on Pearl Jam's 2010 Hyde Park show on CD & 24 Bit Flac-HD.